Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is there interest in new unique / exclusive OUYA / ForgeTV titles?

Hello my dear OUYA fans,

I am working on a game since the OUYA was announced on Kickstarter. In 2013 I bought one, and in 2016 I bought an Razer ForgeTV.
    I am late for the OUYA game fund, or for publishing it on the OUYA store, and now I am late for publishing it on the Cortex Store.

I am thinking about releasing the game as APK, but only for OUYA and ForgeTV. But maybe it's stupid.

My question is, how much interest is in the OUYA plattform nowerdays? Would you pay an amount of money for a good game? Or would it be maybe more meaningful do put the game on e.g. the Raspberry Pi, because everybody can buy one and it could be also exclusive.
    I am not interested in making "Ferrari-Like"-money or "Lamborghini-Like"-money, it's more about making the game great, tweaking, and maybe have some money for food and living, if I do it fulltime.

Can you imagine, to bake a new Kickstarter project for a great game? Wii-games-like graphic? (Wii and OUYA have about both 12 GFLOPs graphic power, and the ForgeTV about the same as the WiiU)

If it would be a crowdfounded project, would you rather bake for ...?

- an OUYA / ForgeTV exclusive
    - a Raspberry Pi exclusive
    - an OUYA / ForgeTV + Raspberry Pi exclusive
    - or no matter, if exclusive (OUYA APK + DRM free Windows/Mac/Linux PC?)

Or do you have other consoles, you would like to see the game on? Two years ago, that would no question for me, but after Razer's announcement in the end of last year, I am asking, if somebody, or anybody is still using the OUYA and would love to have new content.

People still make games for rather obscure 80's computers. Just look at the Soviet Union ZX Spectrum clone community. People will play an after market game. Not many, but people will.

As much as I'd like to see new games to sideload for my OUYA, I'd make RPi your main goal (But do keep us in mind ).
    I'm not limited edition. I'm just special.

Yeah, I don’t think that OUYA's remembered as fondly as, say, the Dreamcast was.
    You’ve got that acting against you.
    Jayenkai : Making unpopular games for over two and a half decades!
    OUYA/Cortex/Android TV compatible .apks available here.

Thanks for your fast response,

So you are here, maybe only some people, but a core honest audience with love to a device, is more than I need, to be motivated :-)

I do wonder what the aftermarket OUYA life will be like. Can't really work without servers and all that so that would be a problem. Someone needs to buy Ouya and actually use what they buy not just buy it to make news and brace their failed AndroidTV attempt by suckering people into buying one then cutting it off.

RAWR! Stomp Stomp Stomp!
    Jayenkai : Making unpopular games for over two and a half decades!
    OUYA/Cortex/Android TV compatible .apks available here.

Space Cadet Pirate Moderator flamepanther's Avatar

I would check it out. That said, if you want a wide exposure for the game, you should consider porting it to other platforms in addition to OUYA and Forge TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayenkai View Post
    Yeah, I don’t think that OUYA's remembered as fondly as, say, the Dreamcast was.
    You’ve got that acting against you.
    I'm not sure it's a matter of "not as fondly" so much as "not by nearly as many people".
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."

@Killswitch

What if ... Building an Android 6.0 OUYA ROM/ISO/Firmware ... with an "own" "Store". How complicated can it be? Website, maybe with authentification like to this forum. HTML5, where you can scroll over alll APKs. Maybe it could be an "Shop"-APK itself. Sideloading that on the OUYA, Razer ForgeTV and Shield ... getting some Devs together, asking them, if they would like to submit there APK, they allready build for OUYA / ForgeTV and it could combine all the devices.

It would be like Steam, but for OUYA / ForgeTV / Shield :-)

I'd recommend publish your game on well-known indie sites (itch.io, gamejolt etc) and just offer the APK there as well.
    IN PIXEL I TRUST