Close
Advertise Here
    Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

A Rite From The Stars - Risin' Goat

This thread is for the discussion of A Rite From The Stars (Note to developers: Send me a private message if you would like to edit this thread).
    Old thread here: http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...ure-Risin-Goat

A Rite from the Stars is a 3D point & click graphic adventure set in a paradisiacal yet dangerous environment... The Mystical Island of Kaikala.

Kirm, a mute kid from the Makoa Tribe, must overcome a rite of passage to leave his childhood behind. However, it will not be so simple. He has been chosen by the Stars to become a legend among his peers. His rite will not be an ordinary nor an easy one. In order to complete it, he will have to master three paths...

Wisdom
    Wisdom is, of course, about the mind. Kirm will have to think sharp to go through an Ancient Temple full of traps. To create the temple, we have made contact with an archeologist in order to make an architecture based on ancient civilizations. From South American to Eastern cultures. In this path, Kirm will be able to pick up items and carry them within each temple room. However, there is no inventory, so he will only be able to carry one at a time.

Courage
    Courage is about the will. Kirm will have to get deep into Kaikala's jungle to reach The Beast's Cave, where his destiny awaits. A dangerous destiny... However, he will not be alone in this path. Based on several totemic and tribal cultures, we have introduced the Power Animal or Totemic Animal concept to the game. Every Makoa has a deep bond with an animal from the island. With a meerkat to be precise. They are kindred spirits. The player will be able to control both characters at the same time (one button of the mouse for each), but he must be careful because their bond is so deep that the death of one means the death of the other.

Spirit
    Spirit is about the soul and its unknown ways. After some point, Kirm will be able to enter into the Spirit World, a twisted version of reality, where physical and logical laws are not the same. Just by pressing the right button, the surrounding world will change: rocks may start talking, even singing, and every corner can hide a danger. He will have to use this ability to his advantage and reach the highest place on the Island: The Volcano´s Crater. Once there, he will must seek a revelation from the heavens.

...and a Final Trial.

Featuring:
    • Pointing and clicking
    • Three paths to complete in the order desired by the player
    • A unique mechanic for every path
    • Performance-based achievements
    • Different endings.
    • Not featuring
    • Pixel hunts
    • Pointless walks
    • Inventory

Thanks for your time! We hope you like our game!
    Risin' Goat
    (a company fomed by eight people and a goat)

DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness - > Instagram

I can't play it. I am using mouse and keyboard, but the masked hero does not walk. I click here and there with the mouse, nothing happened. I also tried every key on the keyboard or the OUYA controller, XBox 360 controller. The mouse works fine in the menu.

Quote Originally Posted by xaby View Post
    I can't play it. I am using mouse and keyboard, but the masked hero does not walk. I click here and there with the mouse, nothing happened. I also tried every key on the keyboard or the OUYA controller, XBox 360 controller. The mouse works fine in the menu.
    Same exact problem. I tried two different wireless keyboard & mouse device combinations, the controller with just a mouse and a nice presentation mouse here at work. Nothing.

Now I must wait for my cable to come so that I can fix my Forge because it is currently bricked.
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Hope it does not only work with the very expensive Turret Set (Keyboard and Mouse) Because, this would be a little bit stupid, because than I would wait, till the game would be released on Steam or so.

Yeah, not sure what the Turret has that any other combo doesn't, but no way I am shelling out $200 more bucks.