Close
Advertise Here

Hybrid View

Ouya dead or Soft Brick

At sunday Snex9EX freeze an the console was freeze when i see that the console not working the home button i power off the console with push the button until the console power off.
    Later i try to power on the console but the console power without the letter shining in the console an not video signal. The console is dead, bricked or softbrick? What can i do?

Have you tried holding the power button for a while?
    So many games, so little time...

Quote Originally Posted by Retrowurst View Post
    Have you tried holding the power button for a while?
    Yes i holding the button more that 3 second the console power off but the console not light on but i listen the fan working but very soft not much.
    It´s this softbrick or console dead?
    PD:In theory the power supply working fine the said that the voltage working fine.

I have found this in internet
    1.Connect a USB keyboard to your OUYA.
    2.Turn your OUYA on.
    3.Press and hold ALT + PRINT + I (NOT L)
    4.Keep pressing the I button for 2 seconds so that the screen flickers for about 4-6 times until your OUYA reboots.
    5.When it reboots you will see a red exclamation mark and U. Now hit your home key button on the USB keyboard and you are now in recovery mode.

This scares me into not turning my OUYA's on at all, LOL!
    I'm not limited edition. I'm just special.

Quote Originally Posted by toasterkiddd View Post
    This scares me into not turning my OUYA's on at all, LOL!
    Honestly, I don't know this problem. I stopped counting how often I had to hard-restart some OUYA because of Google Play or some game freezing... never had any boot problems.
    So many games, so little time...

OUYA Dead APX mode with put in windows with micro usb cable.
    Is there any option to revive the console?

Quote Originally Posted by unai View Post
    OUYA Dead APX mode with put in windows with micro usb cable.
    Is there any option to revive the console?
    APX is the kiss of death with the Ouya. You can probably unplug and replug the ouya in a few times to try to get it to boot, but it may glitch out at anytime. What is probably going on is the 8GB of eMMC is no longer stable and as a result the Nvidia chip threw itself into maintenance mode awaiting a new "disk" image from the manufacturer. Even if you SMD soldered a new eMMC chip onto the board you're still stuck as when I questioned Ouya on it they simply refused to provide any firmware for this level because you could do other things like change the serial number on the board and they also cited security concerns over the Ouya Store.

Is it totally impossible to fix the Ouya in this state given Ouyas Response? No. Just reasonably hard.. About the same skill level as repairing ram on a Iphone. Find a working Ouya and SMD remove the eMMC chip. Make a clone of it with a 169pin eMMC<->USB adapter. Order a Kingston KE4CN3K6A 8GB blank, clone, and put it into broken Ouya.

I have not done this because even though i have plenty of broken Ouyas. I kind of suck at removing SMD (Burned a PCB with be heat pen).

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news on this one. Good news is there's still Ouya boxes out there on the cheap!

- S
    Last edited by sconfig; 1 Week Ago at 01:27 AM.
    Would you like to know more? - My Blog