Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Razer Phone specs leak: 8 GB RAM, 4,000 mAh battery, Dolby ATMOS sound

Arriving from a collaboration between gaming hardware company Razer, and the folks who brought us the Nextbit Robin, the Razer phone is one of the more exciting Android products on the horizon. It’s a brand new product category for Razer and we’ve caught only a couple of glimpses of it so far, but thanks to a listing on a recent carrier website, we might now know some of its specs.
    The Razer phone can be seen on the 3G UK website (as spotted by someone over at Reddit) and is currently shown as out of stock. It features a low-fi product image for the time being — presumably just a placeholder — and is lacking some key details like screen resolution and SoC, but it does have some useful info; check out what’s on offer below.

• 5.72-inch IGZO display with 120 Hz refresh rate and Wide Colour Gamut (WCG)
    • Dolby ATMOS sound, dual front-facing speakers and amplifiers (certified by THX)
    • Dual camera with auto-focus and LED flash (12 MP, F/1.75 wide-angle and 13 MP, F/2.6 zoom camera)
    • Long-life 4,000 mAh lithium-ion battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+
    • 8 GB RAM – enough for the most demanding games and apps
    • 4G Super-Voice

There are some impressive numbers here for enthusiasts, 8 GB of RAM is beyond what most of the current flagship smartphones offer, and a 4,000 mAh battery is on the larger side of the scale, too. Similarly, the THX-certified Dolby ATMOS sound pumping out of dual-speakers is a premium feature that you won’t find on many smartphones — really, this is as close to a true “phablet” as you’re likely to get.
    As for what 4G Super-Voice is, 3G UK describes it as a way to help you make calls and send messages in low coverage areas. Here’s an explainer video on it, if you’re interested.
    Razer has an announcement coming tomorrow where it is expected to unveil the new Razer Phone. Who’s excited? Let us know in the comments.

Source: https://www.androidauthority.com/raz...gb-ram-811121/

Not a gaming device. Nice phone though.

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

If it supports CDMA then I may bite.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness - > Instagram

I will stick with my Mi Mix its made by ceramic and has a bezzeless screen. And 21MP camera

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkPunk View Post
    If it supports CDMA then I may bite.
    Bands
    GSM: Quad-band GSM UMTS: B1/2/3/4/5/8
    LTE: B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/17/19/20/25/26/28/29/30/66
    TDD LTE: B38/39/40/41 TD-SCDMA: B34/39

it does! go on and bite!

the processor is great, is the second to best mobile processor currently in the market, probably the same the switch has. the amount of memory is great, the storage space is awesome....

but...
    as a wise man once said:

Quote Originally Posted by Jayenkai View Post
    Yeah. No buttons = No "Gamer" phone
    true, i can just pair the now orphan serval controller to it and chromecast the games to the tv.

but i have been doing that with my samsung galaxy s6, just a bunch of specs wont convince ME (emphasis on ME) to get a new phone.
    id rather spend the money buying the swithc which i suspect will cost me half of what this phone will cost.

oh, and additional note to add that i can use my S6 with my gear VR (using the paired serval). that is a lot more "gamer phone" that this one.
    Last edited by DrunkPunk; 11-02-2017 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Stats = awesome
    Gaming phone? No.
    Add one of those controllers that goes on each end (looks like the switch) and then I'll call it a gaming phone.

It's a nice phone. Really nice. But don't push it for gaming...

It does look nice. Buttons would have made it look nicer though...

After looking a bit closer, it seems that it will not support US CDMA wireless networks.
    Looks like I get to save my money.
    Last edited by DrunkPunk; 11-02-2017 at 06:08 AM.
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

I wonder if they have any plans to revive the Cortex store with this thing.
    So many games, so little time...

we mentioned earlier on chat.

they have made absolutely no mention of it.

Leading up to the announcement it seemed like we'd hear Cortex but it looks like they went big game hunting. World of Tanks and other games are on the list of games coming.

I am betting Cortex will be on there. It would be monumentally stupid to not include it since it already runs in Android!