Close
Advertise Here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Of course, because that's something you can't compare. When OUYA came up, it was a new idea, a new approach, first of its kind. It failed, but it was a Landmark and paved the way for new ideas in hard- and software.

As I wrote earlier, there's nothing in this AtariBox that is new or exciting, except how it looks. And that's not enough for over 200 Dollars.
    So many games, so little time...

The exact same thing could be said about the Xbox One and PS4, but nobody makes those arguments. I don't understand what vexes you so much about the product to be honest. If it fails, it fails and Atari tried to build on from what the ouya started. If it succeeds it's a good platform for more devs to stick their games on.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Retrowurst View Post
    Of course, because that's something you can't compare. When OUYA came up, it was a new idea, a new approach, first of its kind. It failed, but it was a Landmark and paved the way for new ideas in hard- and software.

As I wrote earlier, there's nothing in this AtariBox that is new or exciting, except how it looks. And that's not enough for over 200 Dollars.
    hmmm... i think there is one thing that makes the ab different and is that is a pc, and not a mobile. (if i understood everything correctly)
    thats why it runs linux and not adroid.

the difference in performarnce is huge, HUGE!!

also the "potential" has a very big difference too.

lets say i understood incorrectly and this is a mobile paperweight with android, then the maximun string processors it will have is 256.

if i understood correctly and is a pc, it potentially can have ANY number of string processors, i would say that in order to keep it cheap they could aim to make it 1024, which is 4x the alternative.

now, obvioulsy jayenkai wont ever use such amount of processing, but may be, and only may be, some developers might see the box and say "hey, that paperweight can actually run our game, lets release it there" ...

will you create hype based in the potential of a device?
    will you invest your money based in the potential of a device?

thats what we all did with ouya...

will we all do it again?
    dont miss the next episode!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NYYLE View Post
    I don't understand what vexes you so much about the product to be honest. If it fails, it fails and Atari tried to build on from what the ouya started.
    Nothing vexes me, not at all. I couldn't care less. You are the one who came to this place only to talk about this Atari Box.
    So many games, so little time...

Quote Originally Posted by Retrowurst View Post
    Nothing vexes me, not at all. I couldn't care less. You are the one who came to this place only to talk about this Atari Box.
    Implying I wasn't here before the Atari drama. I didn't even start this thread for a start.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by meganuke;
    now, obvioulsy jayenkai wont ever use such amount of processing,
    Hey, I resent that...
    Just because my new Framework strives to make games that will also happily run smoothly on an original, low-end, classic 3DS, doesn’t mean I can’t make super rubbish, unoptimised pieces of garbage that struggle to run on high end equipment, like some other developers do!! Just a couple of targeted for-loops could easily heat up an AtariBox!!!
    Last edited by Jayenkai; 06-11-2018 at 09:03 PM.
    Jayenkai : Making unpopular games for over two and a half decades!
    OUYA/Cortex/Android TV compatible .apks available here.

Quote Originally Posted by meganuke View Post
    will we all do it again?
    dont miss the next episode!!!
    Looks like a bunch of suckers bought in. But didn't they have an issue with Tempest and other things they promised? Sound familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayenkai View Post
    Hey, I resent that...
    Just because my new Framework strives to make games that will also happily run smoothly on an original, low-end, classic 3DS, doesn’t mean I can’t make super rubbish, unoptimised pieces of garbage that struggle to run on high end equipment, like some other developers do!! Just a couple of targeted for-loops could easily heat up an AtariBox!!!
    no, you cant!
    you will optimize it and you know it!

Jayenkai : Making unpopular games for over two and a half decades!
    OUYA/Cortex/Android TV compatible .apks available here.