Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1 members found this post helpful.
    Never underestimate the number of "normal users*" who seem adamant that their device must support Netflix.. .. even if they NEVER use the bloomin' thing!!!!
    Jayenkai : Making unpopular games for over two and a half decades!
    OUYA/Cortex/Android TV compatible .apks available here.

OUYAForum Devotee Victor Coleiro's Avatar

The Forge TV had a number of issues in of itself. As I said Netflix etc . That said, Netflix was a big one on a media streaming box , lets be honest about that.

The etc being all the other issues it had. Lack of a remote on a box meant for media streaming was another. Then having to use their remote app on your smartphone that was riddled with problems. At least initially

Perhaps I'll drip feed all the issues it had in a post every day

Before Razer bought Ouya, I had written a post about the Forge TV was, and listed all the issues it had. This was before they bought Ouya. I remember a number of people here also chimed in with their negative comments about it. Then they bought Ouya and all of a sudden it was a saviour and a beacon, with theose same people all of sudden expecting it to be great. The odds of it somehow turning around were not great.

Never missed having a remote. Did find it kind of odd that initial setup needed a smartphone, but figured they were justified in assuming you'd have one. Always used the controller since, but do remember at the time there was a pretty big issue with the damned thing forgetting your controller - even while in the middle of using it!
    OUYA console to become doorstop when store server shuts down. But since it seems to be safe so far, we just need a place to collect new (and updated?) OUYA titles.
    Have you made your game sideload-able for OUYA hardware? Put it on http://itch.io, then let me know and i'll add it to a collection we can all link to.

See I always hoped they'd sort out the whole Netflix thing - I had faith... I was hoping the Forge would replace several boxes under my TV; my ouya for games and network media, netflix (eventually), my aging PS3 and my chromecast... even now, no. Still no Netflix (and intentionally from one of those parties as can be determined by spoofing the system identifier), had to dig out my ouya again because we still don't have all the games and the chromecast function actively doesn't work for anything non-Google (at least for me, ymmv).

And a remote should have been made available - that was a biggie for me. I wanted to let the kids use it for media, but I'm not leaving them with access to my phone whenever they want - and yes the Forge forgets the controllers every few days.

Grrr arrgh.
    Hmmm... good signatures are hard to come by...

I actually enjoyed the Forge for what it was and some of the Android games worked well. I thought Crunchyroll ran best on the Forge. Was upset that all of the OUYA library was not available. I know that the hardware is different, but it would have been nice if some of the newer (and relatively fewer) games made available on the Forge through Cortex would also have been made available on the OUYA storefront, such as Mercenary Kings and Duke Grabowski.

What really made me sad was my Forge just bricked itself somehow (i.e. not moving past the green logo). I tried unbricking based on info in this forum (which has been really helpful), but it did not work. Razer support said the item is discontinued and has not been much help. At least there are some still active links to the Forge on the Razer site.....

1 members found this post helpful.
    "Razer support"
    OUYA console to become doorstop when store server shuts down. But since it seems to be safe so far, we just need a place to collect new (and updated?) OUYA titles.
    Have you made your game sideload-able for OUYA hardware? Put it on http://itch.io, then let me know and i'll add it to a collection we can all link to.