Close
Advertise Here

Thread: Ouya?

Question Ouya?

I've somehow found my way back to these forums (I think I just subconsciously missed RiotingSpectre)

I haven't turned my OUYA on in a couple of years (I'm pretty sure it still works), and I didn't really follow what was going on with OUYA Inc/Razer, so I have questions that have been hard to find solid answers to. I've got buddies coming over this weekend and it'd be pretty cool to fire the little guy up for old-time's sake, but what am I to expect? Should I be able to launch all/some of my games? What about installing new ones? I'm sure Discover is offline, is side-loading the only way? Where would I get games? What's this business about Cortex?

I'm pretty lost in the current state of things. If anyone could at least point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

1 members found this post helpful.
    Hey Salvasaur,

You will likely have an update to download, but everything installed on your OUYA should still run.

Razer has kept the store up, but a few titles were removed.

Welcome back!

"My dog barks, some. Mentally you picture my dog, but I have not told you the type o' dog which I have. Perhaps you might even picture Toto... from "The Wizard of Oz." But I can tell you, my dog is all ways with me. ARF!"- Bozie OO Spool

2 members found this post helpful.
    I just got my first OUYA last week and its all I have been playing out of the 19 consoles and 400 or so games I have. Theres a lot of fun to be had with this thing. I think I have about 50 or so games on my OUYA already. I was very surprised to see the store still up and running considering its been continued since July 2015.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

3 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by salvasaur View Post
    I've somehow found my way back to these forums (I think I just subconsciously missed RiotingSpectre)

I haven't turned my OUYA on in a couple of years (I'm pretty sure it still works), and I didn't really follow what was going on with OUYA Inc/Razer, so I have questions that have been hard to find solid answers to. I've got buddies coming over this weekend and it'd be pretty cool to fire the little guy up for old-time's sake, but what am I to expect? Should I be able to launch all/some of my games? What about installing new ones? I'm sure Discover is offline, is side-loading the only way? Where would I get games? What's this business about Cortex?

I'm pretty lost in the current state of things. If anyone could at least point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Heya! Been a bit. To your questions:
    Expect to be able to play the games you always did. The servers are still up and nothing has changed on the OUYA noticeably. You may have to update like Chili said above.
    You can launch all games.
    You can install new ones.
    Discover is not offline, no need to side-load anything.
    The Discover store.
    Cortex is the new store for the Forge TV. If you don't have a Forge, you need not bother about it.

The state of things is in limbo but for now we are good.
    Last edited by DrunkPunk; 08-14-2017 at 10:15 AM.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness - > Instagram

Sadly, OUYA did not get any play time this weekend. It's still in the pipeline, however.

Thanks for all the answers. It's good to hear Razer has kept things intact, at least for the time being.

DrunkPunk, it has been a bit! Lots of crazy memories live in this community. Good to be back.