Close
Advertise Here

Kodi Rom Browser Collection running on Ouya, please help

Does anyone else out there use Kodi and run the Rom Collection Browser with Ouya? Just wanted to see what everyone else thought of that set up if you use it.
    I think it works/looks great and the Ouya runs Kodi perfect. I downloaded the last working version that works with the Ouya OS which is Kodi v14.2

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

I have no idea what that is.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness - > Instagram

Kodi is what xbmc became, it's an all in one media center. It contains a program called Rom Collection Browser and it acts like a front end for all your emulators in one location. So basically you run the program, tell it what emulators to use and where the roms are located. It then gives you a pretty slick looking (customizable) front end that displays things like box art, screenshots, descriptions, etc. So as you scroll through what game you want to play you see all that and when you choose a game it launches the emulator with the rom.

Check it out, The Ouya runs it really well but the latest supported version is v14.2 so you'd have to find that apk.

Here is a quick look at it, but it just needs to be set up a bit different in the Ouya:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzcyx_pd8hM

Everyone knows what Kodi is.

I never used Kodi/XBMC for anything other than media. I found using it as a launcher on my OUYA to be laggy and problematic, so I always stuck with the applications themselves.
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

I figured you've heard of Kodi haha! I was just curious about if anyone has used the Rom Collection Browser add on. It works great for me and puts a great looking front end while looking through games. Have you tried the latest version of Kodi that the Ouya's OS will still run? V14.2

Yep, that's the version on mine, but the add-ons I use don't work with the older versions so I rarely use it.

Space Cadet Pirate Moderator flamepanther's Avatar

I've used it, but I found that I liked using Nostalgia a lot better. Since then, I've migrated all my emulation stuff to a tiny HTPC, using Attract Mode as an interface.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."