Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sad to see the community how it is.

Well, it's honestly so sad to see how quiet this community has gone. When compared to other much loved systems, their communities are still thriving! Just look at the ZX Spectrum community. They are having fans still build hardware and games and the thing is 35 years old! I'll still be around from time to time, but I just want to say that it's been lovely to be part of the OUYA community since 2014 and I'll never forget it.

Half of you don't know me properly, but if you was wanting to stay in touch or maybe just say hi, my social media's I'm happy to give out are as follows:

Twitter - @liamkelk
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwE...kr4lCVmeCrOwCQ (I do video game pickups and whatnot but feel free to comment!)

With love to the OUYA community,
    Toasterkidd (No, not three "d"s, that was a typo!)
    I'm not limited edition. I'm just special.

Space Cadet Pirate Moderator flamepanther's Avatar

2 members found this post helpful.
    While I don't like to see it either, I think there's a bit of a false equivalence here. The Spectrum, Amiga, C64, etc. and classic console communities might seem to be thriving from the standpoint that these are supposed to be "dead" platforms. But you have to keep in mind that they are tiny remnants of what were once HUGE communities for platforms that thrived for many years. The OUYA community started small, has always been small, and our platform never really thrived the way it should have. It's a testament to our little box that we still have anyone here at all.

I'm not saying it's a great end result. I just don't think you can compare us to communities for platforms that used to be mainstream.
    Last edited by flamepanther; 04-26-2017 at 01:27 PM.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."

I think Ouya is at its dead end track.
    I loved OUYA initially, but then I felt betrayed. I seen nothing similar to a revolution, in it. Ouya is only a bizarre failure...
    I lost interest to the OUYA universe, games, community... all.
    My Ouya now sleeps in its box, in my attic.
    Maybe 30 years from now, it will be a rare and expensive oddity, and then I'll sell it.
    If you don't try, you'll never know.

The little box is stile a really great piece of hardware. Unfortunately a lot of wrong decisions were made.
    IN PIXEL I TRUST

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

3 members found this post helpful.
    Many of us are still here. Not a lot of posts, but people still stop by and say what they want to.

I will always be here.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness -> Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by flamepanther View Post
    While I don't like to see it either, I think there's a bit of a false equivalence here. The Spectrum, Amiga, C64, etc. and classic console communities might seem to be thriving from the standpoint that these are supposed to be "dead" platforms. But you have to keep in mind that they are tiny remnants of what were once HUGE communities for platforms that thrived for many years. The OUYA community started small, has always been small, and our platform never really thrived the way it should have. It's a testament to our little box that we still have anyone here at all.

I'm not saying it's a great end result. I just don't think you can compare us to communities for platforms that used to be mainstream.
    What he said - as an original spectrum user, the community *was* huge, and now it's just a few talented people trying to hang on to what was once much greater.
    Hmmm... good signatures are hard to come by...

Magistrate of Altered States Schizophretard's Avatar

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by flamepanther View Post

And they also aren't locked down always online DRM boxes that rely on an online store that has servers that will eventually go offline either that prevent them from being retro systems that could be used way into the future.

Space Cadet Pirate Moderator flamepanther's Avatar

2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkPunk View Post
    I will always be here.
    Riding this bus until the wheels fall off.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."

I check in almost daily, just not too much to talk about these days it seems....
    "When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead!"- Barney Stinson

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac H. View Post
    I check in almost daily, just not too much to talk about these days it seems....
    We could always talk about how there are not nearly enough people with pineapples as their avatars on the internet...
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness -> Instagram