Close
Advertise Here
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Official OUYA Representative

1 members found this post helpful.
    @Phil OUYA Publishing is focusing on Google Play, Amazon Fire TV, and Nvidia Shield for now. We might dabble in VR soon too. We aren't submitting anything to China anymore, that didn't really work out for anybody other than Bombsquad.

@JNK I've been looking into it...

Hey Phil, i'm still waiting for the Super Pixalo update, that fixes the crashes with german language...
    IN PIXEL I TRUST

4 members found this post helpful.
    Guess that answers some peoples questions.
    AndroidTV is still an underserved market after all this time...
    ----------
    A problem I see with shifting the forum to all Android development is the guys who will use this forum just to spam and not use it to be part of the community. That was always the greatest asset of this forum. Most forums don't have a community like this. I know I'm a staff member but I've interacted with so many of you here in a non staff capacity. I doubt that would have happened anywhere else. But being that I am the caretaker of the moment there is SOMETHING that needs to be done. I'm just not sure what it is yet. One thing I would not want to lose is the essence of this forum.

I wish Razer would have put in a little more on the effort side to see things through. I'm sure they did SOMETHING on their end but when it comes to getting the word out there, they failed. To have hardware you have to have software and vice versa but when you're too scared to speak about the product or give updates then others will be skeptical. I personally sold people on the power of this thing in passing conversations, not even trying to so a hard sell or anything and if I could have done that in just a simple conversation then a company with a valuation over a billion could have done more or at least you'd think so.

Note when I say Razer I mean Razer, not the OUYA guys. TeamOUYA is still there obviously and doing what they can for the software side. It's just a shame to see this product never get off the ground and it feels like there wasn't an effort to try. Maybe there was but it came across in messages that hurt the consumer base more than helped. Even to this date besides the Shield there are very few boxes on the level of the Forge in terms of horsepower. It lacks on the app side but this little box is a beast in terms of Android boxes. I'd like to see some benchmarks on the Forge vs Switch since the Switch is using Nvidia tech that is little dated and may even give a close comparable.

AndroidTV has it's own set of problems but others seem to have overcome them to some degree.

Bah...there is a lot more I could and would say but eh......

Working Ports for Shield/Android TV with full Controller support would be great. When I moved to the Shield, I started to purchase the games I really love for a second time. Something that I wanted to avoid at first with the Forge, but as this solution doesn't work as I hoped, I decided to see it as a reward for the devs of the games I love. It's not so much money, but they deserve it. So give us more Stuff for the Shield
    So many games, so little time...

Quote Originally Posted by maximedulude View Post
    I agree : If Ouya Publishing would try to help dev port their android games to the Switch it could be amazing for them and for Nintendo.
    Hell... Having a Shield ( Tegra X1 ) rushing on android and porting your game to the Switch should be pretty ez... I know the switch is prob. on FreeBSD or something like that but still...
    We hardly got half the promised Kickstarter features... and you think they could help Nintendo?

Nintendo don't need help!

But a nice collection of my games wouldn't hurt
    Jayenkai : Making unpopular games for over two and a half decades!
    OUYA/Cortex/Android TV compatible .apks available here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat1986 View Post
    Hey Phil, i'm still waiting for the Super Pixalo update, that fixes the crashes with german language...
    Sorry man, no planned update to Super Pixalo in the future. Stopped updating it over a year ago. Just too many things that needed rewriting. Completely changed my development process since then. Now instead of hours, bugs take minutes to patch.

3 members found this post helpful.
    IN PIXEL I TRUST

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

Happy to see Phil and Jeebus pop back up in here. Us die-hards are still around.

Phil: Thanks for the kind words. I liked your games, and Dissonance was my first Forge purchase!

Ninjajebus: Porting the old games would be fantastic. Keep us updated on your progress!
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

I also appreciate the information Ninjajebus.

I would love to get the OUYA version of Twintigershark, Grow, Hidden in plain sight, Radiant, and a few more running on my Forge. I still use it as a media box pretty regularly. and for some games. Ironically I booted up my OUYA to play some old NES games.

I enjoy having the hardware. Thanks to all.