Close
Advertise Here
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I check here almost daily. But, honestly... I've shelved the Ouya and it is just now collecting dust. There are a few handful of titles that I wish I could still play... but even those are probably... less than 5. Anything that I REALLY wanted has been available for my Shield and since I moved to that, I just haven't found a reason to go back. I tried a stab at the 'Ouya Emulator' on the Shield, but the controls for some games were lacking that it wasn't enough for me to keep messing with it. I guess in the end, it doesn't feel like I really lost anything too badly. It's shame. I wish they would have just released the Ouya store / Cortex for devices for the Shield and then we could have the best of both worlds... well, provided the devs brought their games over to Cortex.

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Retrowurst View Post
    I'm here almost every day. And I still keep on posting lame OUYA gameplay videos on YouTube, and guess what: people watch them, and some of them even like them. As long as people watch and comment, I will do more of them.

Looks to me that there are still some people around. Watching. Waiting.
    I watch them when I get a chance. Glad that you are still making them!
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness - > Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nadious View Post
    Anything that I REALLY wanted has been available for my Shield and since I moved to that, I just haven't found a reason to go back.
    No Super Puzzle Platformer, No Gene Effect... No Pinball Arcade!
    So many games, so little time...

2 members found this post helpful.
    Hey people! Remember me? Phil Royer? Super Pixalo and Dissonance?

I'm still around and making games as a hobby. After the big OUYA crash I withdrew from almost every form of game dev community. Just didn't seem worth it. I miss it though. A lot. I think about the golden OUYA days weekly. Heck, it got me started pushing myself with side projects and actually pushed me to get my games on steam, single handedly. The people here, like DrunkPunk and KillSwitch pushed me to do more and do better. I miss that.

I got a Razer Forge TV, saw I had to re-get all my games, put it in a box, and haven't fired it up since. Are people still playing on there? No one will release user counts. As a developer, that tells me they aren't good and I don't get my time investment back in cash.

Stopped getting payments from OUYA about 16 months ago. Still have trickle from Amazon and Steam though. IS the Shield where it's at for console indie development? I'm thinking the switch.

What killed the OUYA for me was the shutdown of communication: the developer show left, the people who made OUYA fun to work with found other jobs.

I feel like we need a thread for "where are they now". Keep wondering what happened to all those one man shops like me out there. I'm planning on moving to either a donationware model or just freeware. Care more about focusing on making games than on "potentially going viral". Too much drama these days.

@killswitch how about OUYAsurvivorsforum.com

Official OUYA Representative

3 members found this post helpful.
    Sorry for the lack of communication in the recent months. Mr. J and I have been working on some other cool game related things for Razer, as well as holding down the fort on the Forge TV. Being 100% honest with you all, the Forge hardware isn't going to be updated any further. The teams have moved on to other projects. The team that works on the store and content are still in place. I wish more games were being submitted for release too, doing reviews are a highlight of my day.

I am working on a surprise for you, the die hards here. There is a small technical hurdle to overcome, but I think we can start putting the older classic titles out on the Forge with no updates. All purchases should carry over, so no re-buying. @Phil Only a few games required a repurchase, and that was a dev call unfortunately. Drop me a line if you want a voucher.

OUYA publishing is still doing our thing. Stunt Wheels Party will come out tomorrow. We have a few more titles lined up. We also have a few more Free the game fund games that are due to come out soon as well.

I'll check in if there are any more questions. I'll answer what I can.

Wow! Seriously impressive response time.

I would be submitting soon, but my current project won't be ready until December and I'm focusing on PC playability first.

I'll pop back on my Forge and make sure everything transferred @Ninjajebus

So what platforms is OUYA publishing targeting? Foreign platforms? I'm concerned mainly with where the player base is.

If OUYAPublishing took an interest in Switch, that might be nice...
    Jayenkai : Making unpopular games for over two and a half decades!
    OUYA/Cortex/Android TV compatible .apks available here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjajebus View Post
    I am working on a surprise for you, the die hards here. There is a small technical hurdle to overcome, but I think we can start putting the older classic titles out on the Forge with no updates. All purchases should carry over, so no re-buying.
    Oh yes... After all this time and irritations... THIS would be it!
    So many games, so little time...

Quote Originally Posted by Retrowurst View Post
    No Super Puzzle Platformer, No Gene Effect... No Pinball Arcade!
    For me, though, those weren't things that I had or even wanted.

I really wish that we could get the Cortex store for the Shield, especially with the comment above about the possibility of getting older games on there. That would make me a really happy camper. LOL

I agree : If Ouya Publishing would try to help dev port their android games to the Switch it could be amazing for them and for Nintendo.
    Hell... Having a Shield ( Tegra X1 ) rushing on android and porting your game to the Switch should be pretty ez... I know the switch is prob. on FreeBSD or something like that but still...