Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

The forum isn't dead, just quiet. I still check in daily (like I imagine many of you do), though there isn't much content to post about these days.

My thoughts: Try to attract new members by keeping the content relevant. Rename the forum and pivot to a general gaming subject with an emphasis on development discussion.

And of course leave an area where all the OUYA content remains accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    OUYAForumbutnotOUYAForum.com?
    lol You may want to keep thinking on that one, it doesn't quite roll off the tongue.

Even if the name isn’t changed, consider changing the forum's focus (since the OUYA isn't readily available any longer). Fewer new visitors will be attracted to the site due to OUYA content becoming dated.

1 members found this post helpful.
    Well there are other sections people can post in. Who knows what's going to happen here.

But I do want to point out one thing...Razer has always been silent except for the dudebro audience. The silence made people think they don't care about the Forge and that made developers weary of it. They could have had someone who would get the word out or something and be an evangelist/ombudsman or whatever but they chose silence. Even right now, none of us knows if there is an actual plan or not. It doesn't look like it but it also didn't look like it before the last update. So it's hard to get people to believe if you stay silent and also when things that were "promised" don't appear or take longer than expected and no one will even give an update or talk.

Magistrate of Altered States Schizophretard's Avatar

2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by wienersoup View Post
    A lack of long diatribes of Schizophretard followed by RiotingSpectre going "wtf are you talking about?" I miss it.
    Razer just hasn't provided anything to talk about. The OUYA was obviously dying or at least struggling before Razer showed up and when they did I was hoping for big and positive changes. You know, like the kind of changes one would expect to see when a console company changes hands from a small start-up to what is supposively a big gaming company worth billions that can create things like triple display laptops. Those kind of changes didn't happen. The changes were so negative and in the opposite direction that I can't even tell that Razer bought them. I can't even figure out why they bought them since OUYA becoming a successful platform never really seemed on their agenda.

Hey, another occasional lurker from a not so distant past here. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Yeah, there is no much to say about Ouya, or Forge TV for that matter, these days. Too bad, as it was pretty good and I miss chatting and discussing with you.
    Most of the time I keep my OUYA offline: please consider it before inserting a phone-home/always online DRM in your game. If you still plan to do so, please declare it. You don't want pirates, I don't want to be frauded.

http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?12041-The-list-of-offline-working-games

Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    Well there are other sections people can post in. Who knows what's going to happen here.

But I do want to point out one thing...Razer has always been silent except for the dudebro audience. The silence made people think they don't care about the Forge and that made developers weary of it. They could have had someone who would get the word out or something and be an evangelist/ombudsman or whatever but they chose silence. Even right now, none of us knows if there is an actual plan or not. It doesn't look like it but it also didn't look like it before the last update. So it's hard to get people to believe if you stay silent and also when things that were "promised" don't appear or take longer than expected and no one will even give an update or talk.
    At least with the last update they did say they were working on it... all they ever said was that it was being worked on, and occasionally "it's been delayed" - but at least they said something...
    Hmmm... good signatures are hard to come by...

Quote Originally Posted by xanderten50 View Post
    At least with the last update they did say they were working on it... all they ever said was that it was being worked on, and occasionally "it's been delayed" - but at least they said something...
    ...eh
    In the end none if it means anything. Who really trusted them to keep their word. They destroyed that product/consumer trust early and it got worse over time. Then you had the miscommunication with TeamOUYA which made it seem like TeamOUYA was a dustbunny or something and needed to be swept under the rug. Whenever they did say something it meant nothing because the way the message was delivered. When Carl delivered the update message people were cool but then Razer talked and it quickly turned to anger. Carl even apologized for the miscommunication and it wasn't his fault (Storage is part of Android and Razer stripped it out even though they said they would keep Android stock) but at least he took some responsibility for the message being off.

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

1 members found this post helpful.
    I'm still here. Watching, waiting.

Like herpes, I'll never go away.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

4 members found this post helpful.
    I'm here almost every day. And I still keep on posting lame OUYA gameplay videos on YouTube, and guess what: people watch them, and some of them even like them. As long as people watch and comment, I will do more of them.

Looks to me that there are still some people around. Watching. Waiting.
    So many games, so little time...