Close
Advertise Here

Razer bought someone else...

After acquiring Ouya, then THX - they've now gone and bought Nextbit. What this means for the future is unclear, but definitely includes updates and security patches through 2018

https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/30/...s-cloud-phone/
    Hmmm... good signatures are hard to come by...

OUYAForum Devotee Victor Coleiro's Avatar

I'm surprised Razer hasn't bought Madcatz . Madcatz is in big trouble and is trading at 14 cents a stock, it's market cap is only $9 million.

The New York Stock Exchange recently threatened to delist Mad Catz

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Coleiro View Post
    I'm surprised Razer hasn't bought Madcatz . Madcatz is in big trouble and is trading at 14 cents a stock, it's market cap is only $9 million.

The New York Stock Exchange recently threatened to delist Mad Catz
    That could work - but then they'd have another bunch of users with outdated hardware wanting support and updates... and unlike ouya, they don't have a unique offering they could pilfer and stick into their own outdated hardware. Hmmm...

OUYAForum Devotee Victor Coleiro's Avatar

Madcatz are in line with what Razer do, ie gaming accessories. They are competitors. Forget the Android consoles, they are nothing in either business - in fact probably loss makers

I'm surprised they haven't pounced yet also. Figured they would. Then they can say they'll double down on the MOJO and.......

Logitech did buy Saitek from them last year so they probably have options if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by xanderten50 View Post
    What this means for the future is unclear, but definitely includes updates and security patches through 2018
    Updates and security patches for the Robin. Not for anything OUYA or Forge related. Let's not get anyone's hopes up... :-(

Quote Originally Posted by mwaterbu View Post
    Updates and security patches for the Robin. Not for anything OUYA or Forge related. Let's not get anyone's hopes up... :-(
    Sorry, thought I'd implied that I meant for Nextbit products - definitely wasn't trying to get anyone's hopes up with Forge or Ouya updates!

I think you did imply that. But upon seeing this thread, I didn't immediately notice that it was in the "off topic" section haha.

Even so, having some Android development experience probably wouldn't hurt their Forge team...