Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Its quiet. Too quiet. And $60 forgetv bundles.

Well folks, there's been some disconcerting news lately that came when one of ours got a message saying they wont be selling the ForgeTV anymore, followed by a sort of denial, but now it seems the ForgeTV isnt even listed under their console section of the website. The last time i had seen anything or heard any word from anyone from Razer was months ago regarding their efforts to still be reaching for Netflix support. But since the email, silence. I really wish somebody from Ouya or Razer would chime in with anything they could tell us. Sure, a couple games came to the Cortex store in the last week or so so thats a good sign, but still.

With that in mind however i been seeing forgetv bundles for less than 60 US on ebay. I bought one for a christmas present. So if you were on the fence look into that.

1 members found this post helpful.
    Why does it feel like everyone ignored this post from Carl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjajebus View Post
    Thats an unfortunate message by Razer CS. I'm thinking it's because they are currently out of stock and don't have any on hand to replace your Forge. Email me directly at carl@ouya.tv and I'll see what I can do for you.

I can't speak to the future of the hardware, but I can say that the platform itself isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I can't say what specficially yet, but there are future plans in the works for the Cortex Store, and it will be supported for years to come.
    Not that it gives any real insight on the inner workings of the company. But what is it that people are looking for?

(I know breaking the silence would be top of the list but that clearly isn't happening.)

Thanks for reminding me of that. I wonder if theyre gonna look into pushing the Cortex to other atv devices now. The ForgeTV sales alone wont cover it. Especially if they stop sellin em.

That seemed to be the direction...Cortex Everywhere. That was hinted at in one of the threads here....

Who knows what's happening with the Forge. They would never talk about it. That in itself was a major disservice to the box and probably why things are where they are now. People forgot that it even exists. If it was an expensive keyboard then everyone on the planet would know it exists...

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

I enjoy the Forge. I hope they keep someone around to futz with it for us and give us the occasional update, but I'm not holding my breath. So long as they keep giving us games I will be happy.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness - > Instagram

At least we were givin adaptable storage and netflix support, even if it was by a member of the community and you gotta tinker with it. Now i can actually fit the games.

The box itself is pretty good but the lack of support on Razer's end is pretty sad. It would not be hard to hard someone who's job is to simply market the box itself. Of course they would talk about the games and all that but there is no product awareness. Start there and work forward but who knows what's happening over there. If it's not dead then it doesn't seem far from it with the recent actions.

Space Cadet Pirate Moderator flamepanther's Avatar

Did Razer ever actually do the Forge relaunch they were talking about? I know it got restocked after the last time we all thought the thing was dead and discontinued, but I wouldn't exactly call it a relaunch. They're still promoting Forge TV with free games right now, which makes absolutely no sense to me unless Razer is planning to relaunch the console or launch a successor.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."

I honestly think Ouya's future will be just as publisher for games on other devices. Lets face it Forge was a complete disaster for Razer both from the impact to the companies reputation as well as its failure to be successful as a product itself. Razer would be throwing more money into a project it has already proved it can't support. I know I would never buy another product from Razer even a joystick cap.

Hey everyone there are 5 forge tv bundles available on amazon for like 42 dollars. With whats available now concerning usb storage and netflix options its an amazing deal.
    Razer Forge TV Bundle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V0K291W..._fruBybVGMERVJ