Close
Advertise Here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It's dead.

4 members found this post helpful.
    I don't know if Carl has already done something about it, but I got a new mail from Razer CS and they now have a new Forge for me and already made everything reading for shipping

Also they say that I should follow media coverage about the Forge on their Facebook/Twitter etc... so maybe there is something coming.
    So many games, so little time...

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkerw View Post
    MY question is this. Razer's performance as a end user experience has been far less than Steller thus far. Numerous post from Razer staff have said repeatedly "just wait there's something big coming". And the Forge at this point is about as useful as a $100.00 dollar brick. So to the question, Will there ever be a more powerful version of what Ouya was as I a late starter in 2014 (meaning most of Ouya's games on Cortex)? How can you the software side of Razer/Ouya as employees not know whats happening or where to direct us(the end users) to the STB to buy just to get to us to the point we Ouya users where in 2014? I just want to turn on my old Ouya with a updated processor.

What makes me really sad is this forum had a great group of folks that put up with my BS and without a platform it is slowly dyeing when I check it every day. These folks on this forum could have added allot to help Forge succeed if Razer had just come and listened. In this case the old saying "silence is golden" was a bad move on Razers part.
    I wouldnt say its a useless brick. Sure it lacks netflix but my personal message thread with one of the staff says they are actually making progress with it. There was a hardware conflict with the drm.

It still has hulu and crackle and google play options and kodi.

Good enough game selection. Im having a lot of fun with it honestly. I wish more ouya games had made it over.

Someone created a custom rom with usb storage. So thats been addressed. *its not easy for razers small team to implement it, releasing marshmallow was full of hurdles, adding usb storage to it created a whole nother mess of hurdles and security cert issues.

The forge was half baked but its starting to get crispy. I wish they could flesh out its features especially when netflix arrives and they can re market it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Retrowurst View Post
    I don't know if Carl has already done something about it, but I got a new mail from Razer CS and they now have a new Forge for me and already made everything reading for shipping

Also they say that I should follow media coverage about the Forge on their Facebook/Twitter etc... so maybe there is something coming.
    NICE! I feel better to my reply from them (:
    <Batman> Going to pitch So Many Steve to Extend. Filo with different hairstyles for each of the 27 Steves we have

Quote Originally Posted by wienersoup View Post
    Someone created a custom rom with usb storage. So thats been addressed.
    Yeah, not really. Aside from being unofficial and unsupported meaning any further updates from Razer could well completely break it and kill your personal little ecosystem, it requires a complete wipe of your Forge before you even make your first attempt to get it running without bricking your system.

I'm not comfortable with any of those things.
    OUYA console to become doorstop when store server shuts down. But since it seems to be safe so far, we just need a place to collect new (and updated?) OUYA titles.
    Have you made your game sideload-able for OUYA hardware? Put it on http://itch.io, then let me know and i'll add it to a collection we can all link to.

What media coverage?
    The Forge gets ignored.
    Let me not say anything....

I think what he was trying to say was something like "wait for us to say something".
    So many games, so little time...

I think what he was trying to say was something like "wait for us to say something".
    That's the problem. They don't say anything. Then when they do it's things like "we didn't promise storage."
    They need a mouthpiece but it seems like they fail to realize that.

I think it was just a polite way to send you away....

So many missed opportunities and it makes no damned sense.

Bah...

Going back into the inner depths of the batcave. Just throw up the signal if you need me

Jayenkai : Making unpopular games for over two and a half decades!
    OUYA/Cortex/Android TV compatible .apks available here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayenkai View Post
    I was having trouble downloading games i purchased. Thankfully the store worked again for that. They apparently dont anticipate any last minute buyers though with the website being that way you cant add any credit to pick up a last few. There were a couple cheap ones i was interested in loading the console with before the shut down but it seems impossible.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Space Cadet Pirate Moderator flamepanther's Avatar

Even if the Forge TV was dead as a platform (which seems not to be the case--but maybe it's kinda slumbering), I don't think the microconsole vision as a whole is dead. The idea is really still gestating and evolving. Besides the Android-based hardware from Razer and NVidia, we've got DIY and semi-DIY consoles like CHIP and various projects based on Raspberry Pi and Arduino. The NES Classic Edition seems to be a hybrid of a plug-and-play and a microconsole, albeit without the ability to add games. RetroFreak is like a hybrid of a microconsole and a Retron type multi-clone. I've also seen what seems like a proliferation of gaming-oriented micro-PC projects on crowdfunding platforms. The idea just seems too right to die. Natural selection will do its thing, and eventually some version will take hold.
    Last edited by flamepanther; 12-07-2016 at 03:16 PM.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."