Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's dead.

Official OUYA Representative

9 members found this post helpful.
    Thats an unfortunate message by Razer CS. I'm thinking it's because they are currently out of stock and don't have any on hand to replace your Forge. Email me directly at carl@ouya.tv and I'll see what I can do for you.

I can't speak to the future of the hardware, but I can say that the platform itself isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I can't say what specficially yet, but there are future plans in the works for the Cortex Store, and it will be supported for years to come.

3 members found this post helpful.
    Over the past few days, I've seen my GammeCollexion project collapse in ways I honestly never expected.
    What started as a couple of tiny breaks, rapidly descended into an outright explosion of my game.
    Through it all, TeamOUYA have been on the other end of the emails, poking and prodding me to try and help me to get things sorted.

The support they've shown me over the last few days has 100% clarified why they're there.
    They're there to help us, developers and players alike, and I'm frankly glad that they are..

Given the help and support in recent days, I honestly can't imagine that they're doing this, only to have the console vanish into oblivion.
    They're still hard at work. I'm not sure what their plan is, but I know they're still there, slaving away, trying to make this whole OUYA/Razer thing work out.

I have faith in them.

I'm totally losing faith in the programming language I'm using, but I still have faith in them!!
    Jayenkai : Making unpopular games for over two and a half decades!
    OUYA/Cortex/Android TV compatible .apks available here.

Thanks Carl, I just shot you a email about my device. Was supposed to send it in and haven't.
    <Batman> Going to pitch So Many Steve to Extend. Filo with different hairstyles for each of the 27 Steves we have

MY question is this. Razer's performance as a end user experience has been far less than Steller thus far. Numerous post from Razer staff have said repeatedly "just wait there's something big coming". And the Forge at this point is about as useful as a $100.00 dollar brick. So to the question, Will there ever be a more powerful version of what Ouya was as I a late starter in 2014 (meaning most of Ouya's games on Cortex)? How can you the software side of Razer/Ouya as employees not know whats happening or where to direct us(the end users) to the STB to buy just to get to us to the point we Ouya users where in 2014? I just want to turn on my old Ouya with a updated processor.

What makes me really sad is this forum had a great group of folks that put up with my BS and without a platform it is slowly dyeing when I check it every day. These folks on this forum could have added allot to help Forge succeed if Razer had just come and listened. In this case the old saying "silence is golden" was a bad move on Razers part.

Magistrate of Altered States Schizophretard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjajebus View Post
    I can't speak to the future of the hardware, but I can say that the platform itself isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I can't say what specficially yet, but there are future plans in the works for the Cortex Store, and it will be supported for years to come.
    That sounds very Cortex/OUYA Everywhere which, in my opinion, is a better strategy than trying to sell a box. If your team was to create a sideloadable store as an alternative to Google Play for Android TV devices in general and maybe even other devices similar to how Aptoide has Aptoide TV then that would be a good start. And I don't mean just having deals with hardware manufacturers to include the store on their devices but also as an app to sideload.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjajebus View Post
    Thats an unfortunate message by Razer CS. I'm thinking it's because they are currently out of stock and don't have any on hand to replace your Forge. Email me directly at carl@ouya.tv and I'll see what I can do for you.

Thank you Carl for clearing this up. I will mail you later.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizophretard View Post
    That sounds very Cortex/OUYA Everywhere which, in my opinion, is a better strategy than trying to sell a box. If your team was to create a sideloadable store as an alternative to Google Play for Android TV devices in general and maybe even other devices similar to how Aptoide has Aptoide TV then that would be a good start. And I don't mean just having deals with hardware manufacturers to include the store on their devices but also as an app to sideload.
    Since OUYA went broke, I was hoping that OUYA Everywhere or (later) Cortex make it this way.
    Last edited by Schizophretard; 11-30-2016 at 08:38 AM.
    So many games, so little time...

Magistrate of Altered States Schizophretard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Retrowurst View Post
    Since OUYA went broke, I was hoping that OUYA Everywhere or (later) Cortex make it this way.
    I'm surprised they haven't done it already. For an example, if they created a store to sideload on the Shield then on the very day of launch I'm certain that a thread on the Nvidia forum would pop up along with maybe 10 others with people linking to the original out of frustration that everyone isn't discussing it in that one mega thread. Then within that mega thread there would be nothing but praise for it bringing more games that could play on the Shield with full controller support. And since it would be a mega thread it would stay at the top long enough that the main members/visitors would see it. The same would happen on this forum, Razer's, and maybe others. Also, since it would be news worthy there may be articles on it and YouTube reviews of it. Before you know it every Shield owner interested in Android gaming on their Shield would know about it and therefore have it without Razer even needing to make a deal with Nvidia to get it on there. Then later they could even release it for the Shield Tablet and even maybe the Shield portable. Before you know it all the Android gamers that Nvidia has OUYA/Razer would have too but they wouldn't have to worry about adding external storage, Netflix, bug fixes outside of Cortex, or anything because all of that would be done by Nvidia. So, they could focus all their effort on improving Cortex. And the devs, well they would be more inclined to upgrade their games from OUYA to Cortex for all of Nvidia's Android gamers than just the Forge's.

And that is just one company's devices. After that they could move onto others and it would be so much more easily to do so with this sideload method than making deals with hardware manufacturers like they have in the past. They could also expand not just with what devices it is on but what controllers it would support. In other words, I'm thinking of a store that would have lists of Android controllers that you click on to see the Cortex/OUYA games that devs have extended the support for. So, it would basically be an alternative store like Aptoide but instead of being for every app it would be completely curated for controller games that you could play practically everywhere. I know of many alternative stores for Google Play but don't know of one that is a well curated one focused entirely on controller console style games that has the goal of getting all the games that fit within that criteria and also has the goal of supporting every Android controller that exists. Razer/OUYA could differentiate itself from other alternatives with such a store. And if successful who that likes console style controller games for Android wouldn't at the very least download the store out of curiosity? Speaking of Aptoide, they could probably even fork it to get a head start on creating it because the store's code is open source and then they could add their Cortex code to it.
    Last edited by Schizophretard; 11-30-2016 at 08:34 AM.

This is one hell of a great statement!

And it's something that should be told to Razer/OUYA representatives, because they obviously didn't get the idea...
    So many games, so little time...

... but that's not who Razer are.
    Razer are a hardware company.
    Jayenkai : Making unpopular games for over two and a half decades!
    OUYA/Cortex/Android TV compatible .apks available here.