Close
Advertise Here

Can't set up new console

I bought a second hand Ouya this week in hope I could use it as an emulator or XBMC box or something along those lines. However, I can't set it up.

It will connect to wi-fi and let me set up a new account, but it will flash up with a message saying the Ouya can't connect to the servers and I can't submit my details to open a new account. I've tried doing it online where it redirects me to create a Razer ID. I've tried logging in with those details but the Ouya doesn't recognise them.

Can somebody tell me if there's a workaround to get the Ouya working? I read something about somebody changing the date and it started working, but I can't find any such option in the setup pages.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Well, I guess they don't let you create new OUYA accounts. Have you tried an existing one? I just set up a new anthracite OUYA with my old account and it works flawlessly.
    So many games, so little time...

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

Retro is correct, no new accounts. You will have to use your original one.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

This looks like it could be someone who is new to the ouya... what if they don't have an "original account"?
    Hmmm... good signatures are hard to come by...

Quote Originally Posted by xanderten50 View Post
    This looks like it could be someone who is new to the ouya... what if they don't have an "original account"?
    I don't know for sure, I was just assuming that new accounts aren't possible anymore.

Thinking about this, I'd like to know if someone who creates a -new- Razer Forge/Cortex Account can use it on an OUYA? This could be a Workaround for people with a new OUYA, but no account.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrowurst View Post
    Thinking about this, I'd like to know if someone who creates a -new- Razer Forge/Cortex Account can use it on an OUYA? This could be a Workaround for people with a new OUYA, but no account.
    I think this answers your question...

Quote Originally Posted by jc909 View Post
    I've tried doing it online where it redirects me to create a Razer ID. I've tried logging in with those details but the Ouya doesn't recognise them.
    Oh dear
    Hmmm... good signatures are hard to come by...

Uh... didn't see that. Sad. So it's a private party now

Ninjajebus is a ouya publisher rep at razer. If anyone can help maybe he can.

A few days ago, I got a new OUYA and I was able to create an all new account without problems!