Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Dan the Man ran slow on my Ouya. It capped at 30fps and aparently, no delta adjustment was made by developer. Or perhaps it's because i was using GLTools? Anyway, i had to set up my GLTools to lower resolution, and then worked like a charm, running at 60fps and real speed. It's a good, fun game

As I mentioned, I noticed a lower speed compared to the Shield, but it's still a very well-playable game. BTW: What is GLTools?
    So many games, so little time...

Quote Originally Posted by Retrowurst View Post
    As I mentioned, I noticed a lower speed compared to the Shield, but it's still a very well-playable game. BTW: What is GLTools?
    GLTools is a 3rd party video driver for mobile that let you tweak some graphical options, like real resolution lowering, anti alias, shaders customization, on screen FPS counter, etc. Of course you need root and there is a option to install with CyanogenMod Recovery fallback in case it softbricks your device (althought i did not have any problem at all).

With that i could make more games playable, like Beatbuddy and Castle of Illusion, for example. If you don't mind to lower resolution to less than 720p, it's a great way to make your Ouya even more useful for sideloadable games. It's not perfect, though, and can't solve everything, for example if you turn FPS Counter on and play Dan the Man, you will see everything screwed up, but if not, it works perfectly. There are some specific tweaks for some games, but not that hard to figure out at all.

It has a free ad supported version on XDA, if one wanna try that: http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...-1-29-t2828630

You got Castle Of Illusion working? How did you solve the controller problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Retrowurst View Post
    You got Castle Of Illusion working? How did you solve the controller problem?
    I've used Tincore and remapped controller to touch. Yeah, this one is not free (to become really useful), but it's a very cheap app, and you can try for free: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eymapper&hl=en

Thanks, I heard of that one already, but to me, it's too much hassle. I just try to install sideloads for fun reasons. Curiosity, want to see what works and what doesn't. When I have to do more than activating Moga, I delete it again. It makes me smile to see that a game like Riptide GP Renegade runs perfectly smooth on the OUYA. Sadly, Breakneck doesn't work.

You know, i know this about the ouya, and sideloading new stuff on it (which on its own is kind of fun because tinkering and modding makes it feel more yours) but if its a resistance to plunging into the forgetv that concerns you tbh for an Android game console in enjoying it a quite a bit despite its lack of netflix (dont need it) and adaptable storage (pretty sad but i can only have attention for ao many games at a time anyways) and a lot of these games you mention you know, work great on it. Kinda saves the hassle. and you get to play the games as they were meant to be. (Dan the man is awesome)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well, that was a Long sentence

If I get you right, I understand what you mean. Actually, I'm already gone from OUYA to Shield. I tried the Forge as soon as the bündle offers came, but I was very disappointed.
    So, toying around with OUYA is just fun for me. Maybe someone out there without a Forge or other Android device still enjoys playing with the OUYA and likes my "Service".

Quote Originally Posted by wienersoup View Post
    Kinda saves the hassle. and you get to play the games as they were meant to be. (Dan the man is awesome)
    ^ This
    Hmmm... good signatures are hard to come by...

Another one:

Indy 500 Arcade Racing - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...devbox.indy500
    Works perfectly with Play Store Mod.

(And it's great fun for little money, on sale right now!)