Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OUYA emulator

I toyed around for some time with an Android emulator (Genymotion) on Mac and managed to install the OUYA store. No controller support in any way though, because I couldn't activate Bluetooth
    So many games, so little time...

Space Cadet Pirate Moderator flamepanther's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Retrowurst View Post
    I toyed around for some time with an Android emulator (Genymotion) on Mac and managed to install the OUYA store. No controller support in any way though, because I couldn't activate Bluetooth
    Since the OUYA controller is a variant HID controller, I wonder if it would be possible to emulate one over USB (real or emulated).
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."

Quote Originally Posted by Retrowurst View Post
    Would you mind posting basic instructions for how you got the store installed? My ouya hardware stopped working a few months ago and I'm looking for a way to extend my purchases without having to invest money in outdated hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by discotechjam View Post
    Would you mind posting basic instructions for how you got the store installed? My ouya hardware stopped working a few months ago and I'm looking for a way to extend my purchases without having to invest money in outdated hardware.
    Uh... that's long ago... actually I don't remember, and as I lost interest, I deleted it again. But as far as I know, I just followed the instructions for the installation of Genymotion and the OUYA Everywhere kit. It was not complicated to get it working, but I couldn't make it work with a controller.

Im using Ouya Anywhere with my Nvidia Shield TV.
    https://www.s-config.com/ouya-anywhe...cyanogen-ouya/

Quote Originally Posted by Helmut View Post
    Hi Helmut, thanks for the link! I've been looking for a way to get OUYA on the Shield for a while now, but everything I found was not working...
    I didn't have the time to watch the videos yet, but the text confuses me a bit. Do I have to root my Shield and install Cyanogen before I install the OUYA Anywhere? I have no experience with Cyanogen yet, but it sounds interesting and maybe I will put this on one of my old OUYAs...

Just download the zip File from the link and install the 3 Ouya apk Files to the Nvidia Shield. Thats all. About 30 percent of
    my Ouya games are working with the Nvidia Shield.

So...can we install this on the Forge and get access to some of the games that did not make the transition?

Interesting question. Could be not as easy as on the Shield, because there is already something similar pre-installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Helmut View Post
    Helmut, thanks for this. I was able to get the 3 APKs installed on my Shield last night and took a stroll down memory lane.

Now, I didn't read the entire article (I read a little more today) but I can't seem to get control to work in the games I tried out. I tried 2 out:

- Toto Temple Deluxe
    - Super Indie Karts (Beta)

Granted, I probably should have tried MORE, but I was short on time. I also should point out I'm not rooted, but my account linking up and everything seemed to work just fine. It showed me all the purchases that I had made and even let me download the ones that I bought.

Just curious if anyone using this on the Shield has issues with control as well?

I also have a set of XBox 360 controllers that I might try out. I know that the Ouya supported it natively as well. So maybe I will get somewhere with that.