Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OUYA emulator

OUYA emulator

Do you think at some point someone will try to make a working OUYA emulator for PCs? I know it wasn't the most popular console and a lot of the games have been ported elsewhere but I think it would still be awesome for historical purposes if someone undertook the challenge.

Magistrate of Altered States Schizophretard's Avatar

Maybe but getting the firmware to run on the emulator with the games might be a technical and legal challenge. For example, I doubt it would be legal to distribute the emulator with the firmware just like you can't distribute an emulator with ROM's and therefore the emulator would just be of the hardware.

OUYA emulator? I'm still waiting for a decent nu0n emulator!
    Yes, [lack of] popularity seems to be the biggest hurdle. will it ever happen? Dunno. I just know I won't be the one to make it happen.
    OUYA console to become doorstop when store server shuts down. But since it seems to be safe so far, we just need a place to collect new (and updated?) OUYA titles.
    Have you made your game sideload-able for OUYA hardware? Put it on http://itch.io, then let me know and i'll add it to a collection we can all link to.

Quote Originally Posted by xAD View Post
    OUYA emulator? I'm still waiting for a decent nu0n emulator!
    Yes, [lack of] popularity seems to be the biggest hurdle. will it ever happen? Dunno. I just know I won't be the one to make it happen.
    If I remember correctly, the nu0n emulator stopped as the main programmer died... his dad found the last version he'd managed (which was then put up on one of the forums) and I don't think it went much further than that
    I remember because trying to track down actual nu0n hardware (especially in the UK) was practically impossible!

Getting back on track (ever so slightly) does anyone think it would be possible to emulate the ouya controller? Simply because the Forge will run many ouya games, but some will only acknowledge the original ouya controller
    Hmmm... good signatures are hard to come by...

it would be fun to run nostalgia and snes9x in the ouya emulator.

Quote Originally Posted by meganuke View Post
    it would be fun to run nostalgia and snes9x in the ouya emulator.
    But aren't there enough snes emulators on PC already? Why would you want to?

Quote Originally Posted by xanderten50 View Post
    Getting back on track (ever so slightly) does anyone think it would be possible to emulate the ouya controller? Simply because the Forge will run many ouya games, but some will only acknowledge the original ouya controller
    I would guess that it could be done if the controller firmware was copied. Anyway, that seems odd that there would be OUYA games on the Forge that could only use the OUYA controller. That is some bad quality control. Can the Forge do firmware updates for the controller like the Shield can for its controller? If so then maybe Razer could include whatever it is that is in the OUYA controller's firmware in an update for these games. As a side note, I wonder if OUYA still does firmware updates for OUYA controllers?

Quote Originally Posted by Schizophretard View Post
    That is some bad quality control
    Sorry - not a quality control issue, this is from when I was testing sideloaded ouya games that hadn't made it into Cortex yet!

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanderten50 View Post
    Sorry - not a quality control issue, this is from when I was testing sideloaded ouya games that hadn't made it into Cortex yet!
    I misunderstood and thought you meant OUYA Cortex games. However, Cortex not already being like an OUYA emulator that automatically includes all games that all work with the Forge controller and puts you in the position where you would need to sideload OUYA games I would consider a quality control issue.

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizophretard View Post
    I misunderstood and thought you meant OUYA Cortex games. However, Cortex not already being like an OUYA emulator that automatically includes all games that all work with the Forge controller and puts you in the position where you would need to sideload OUYA games I would consider a quality control issue.
    I feel I should get Razer some ice for that one...