Close
Advertise Here

Thread: Life on Mars

Life on Mars

How many of you believe that at some point there was life on Mars? How many believe there still are some forms of life on the planet? How many of you believe that it's possible that at one time there was intellegent life on Mars?

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

Everyone does!
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

I think, there is really life on Mars. Perhaps, its just different from what we have. That has been on the news all over. But, I haven't seen it yet and obviously I can't.

1 members found this post helpful.
    so you signed up just for that question? why...?
    IN PIXEL I TRUST

Magistrate of Altered States Schizophretard's Avatar

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by nhatvoone View Post
    How many of you believe that at some point there was life on Mars?
    I lack evidence to hold that belief.

How many believe there still are some forms of life on the planet?
    I also lack evidence to hold that belief.

How many of you believe that it's possible that at one time there was intellegent life on Mars?
    I believe it is possible but extremely unlikely. The solar system along with the planets formed relatively at the same time(geological time scales), Earth formed life at a relatively young age after it cooled, and even though it took an extremely long time for intelligent life to evolve here the asteroid that took out the dinosaurs likely accelerated the time for intelligent life to arise because it took out the super predators that were holding down the creatures that were developing mammalian brains that then put the creatures with mammalian brains at the top of the food chain and therefore intelligent life may have arose here relatively early compared to worlds that lack such a major event to bring the smarter creatures to the top rapidly. Therefore, if Mars once did have intelligent life and based on the conditions of the surface would have obviously went extinct eons ago then this species would have had to evolve from a single celled organism to intelligent life at a rate unknown to biology. In other words, the story of this hypothetical species' appearance would have been closer to the descriptions in Genesis than a science book.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat1986 View Post
    so you signed up just for that question? why...?
    I was thinking the same thing.

Maybe an odd post by a "new user" (aka KS) to increase forum activity.

I believe there could be life on mars IF, and it's a big if, we are able to get there and start the ancient martian atmospherereactor. I believe Quaid holds the key to doing that

Seriously though, if I were to guess, I'd say no, there never was life on mars.

Space Cadet Pirate Moderator flamepanther's Avatar

I think there is almost definitely microbial life on Mars, because it would've been sent there with our probes and robots. I think there's a remote chance that there is native microbial life, a decent chance that there was native microbial life at some point in the past, and almost no chance that there was ever advanced life there.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."