Close
Advertise Here
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltage View Post
    As I mentioned to Xander before, port Cortex to Shield and we can get outta this mess.

We all saw the signs. The Forge Tv didn't sell very well and anyone who was wanting an Android Tv device went towards the Nvidia Shield Tv. The OUYA came and went, and I think this whole situation with the Forge Tv should have never existed. Waiting for external storage for a device of this kind in the present day is ridiculous among other things. This fact in combination with a lot of the games that we loved on the OUYA appearing on other Android Tv devices means that Razer's race against time is a losing battle with a predictable conclusion.

That being said, not all the content that's worth having on the OUYA has been made available on other platforms. I would recommend that everyone continues playing those games on their OUYA while waiting for something like the Nvidia Shield Tv to take the reins once Razer Incorporated finally understands that they're not up to the task of being anywhere near Android Tv gaming. If anything this would insure that you're not absorbed in false hopes as a result of a company that doesn't know any better, and are getting a better long term investment when a device like the Nvidia Shield Tv gets the OUYA's content since it's not going anywhere anytime soon unlike the failed Forge Tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjajebus View Post
    Unfortunately there has been some miscommunication. We, on the OUYA side, found out about it when you did. All I can say is that I am sorry, it should have been there, and we all expected it.
    That sounds sad That is some real left-in-the-dark-ness-thing going on there..
    Racin-Games, creator of Sirenium ~ Forever After ~ .. come check us out here! http://www.racin-games.com
    Forum Page: http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...-Forever-After
    If you want your game/app reviewed, let me know! I'll ReviOUYA. Will also do previews and such as well. http://reviouya.wordpress.com/
    Play like me! http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...imega&p=119559

2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjajebus View Post
    Unfortunately there has been some miscommunication. We, on the OUYA side, found out about it when you did. All I can say is that I am sorry, it should have been there, and we all expected it.
    At least you were decent enough to come forward and say that... over at the Razer forum the attitude was that it was simply all our fault for expecting it!

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk
    Hmmm... good signatures are hard to come by...

My brother is a Razer fanboy, mostly because of one type of mouse. Their latest mice have turned him off a bit because they try to do things they just don't have the software to support (or so I gather from him.)
    At any rate, I had the idea that firmware updates would be sparse and a long time coming before I ever bought the Forge. So, even though that is irritating and disappointing, it's not the reason I give up on Razer at this point.
    No, the reason I'm done is that Razer have gone out of their way to prevent the one feature that would have made their obsolete-on-delivery Forge at least useful. The feature that has been asked about since day one, with the response that they will not add to Android and will only support what Android supports - until they decide to remove support for what Android supports, apparently.
    No storage? No point. And no way I'm ever recommending anything Razer to anyone.
    OUYA console to become doorstop when store server shuts down. But since it seems to be safe so far, we just need a place to collect new (and updated?) OUYA titles.
    Have you made your game sideload-able for OUYA hardware? Put it on http://itch.io, then let me know and i'll add it to a collection we can all link to.

2 members found this post helpful.
    Hmmmm...
    I guess we need a brave soul to try this. There is an adb method to getting adoptable storage and it is SUPPOSED to be part of M. Unless it was purposely stripped from the update it SHOULD be there. Can't guarantee it'll work but if someone has a spare drive they don't mind formatting then maybe, just maybe it's possible. Can't see someone purposely stripping that from the update. Would be out of compliance if they did.

Though it should be there in general and available if you're going to have a device for games.

P.S Why is facebook login down, and has been for weeks now. If you come to this site after already logging into facebook, then you can't even open threads without getting a facebook error of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltage View Post
    As I mentioned to Xander before, port Cortex to Shield and we can get outta this mess.
    This. This needed to happen from day one.

3 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by vcoleiro1 View Post

P.S Why is facebook login down, and has been for weeks now. If you come to this site after already logging into facebook, then you can't even open threads without getting a facebook error of some kind.
    We didn't promise you could sign in with Facebook.

Wait...that's not how to respond to customers....

So what's the problem you're having and how can we try to solve it?

Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    We didn't promise you could sign in with Facebook.

Wait...that's not how to respond to customers....

So what's the problem you're having and how can we try to solve it?
    Um, it's me , you know Victor Coleiro, remember , your worst nightmare

I have been logging on here as you know for years with my facebook account. As of a little while ago, you can't login with facebook. Some error comes up that gets into a circular call of some kind.