Close
Advertise Here

Any game stick users able to do me a favor?

Hello.

I have a game stick I still pick up and play once on a while. And the other day, i topped off with 10 bucks to try a few games, and I was able to do that fine, and purchase games from the store but they didn't download. I read this can be fixed by doing a factory reset. Well their social media presence is dead, their tech support is silent, I'm afraid even though the store front is still active my games that are on it and work fine will be lost. Can someone bother to download something free from the store and let me know if it worked for you?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Would if I could, but my GameStick is in developer mode. Unlike the OUYA's "develop and play!" frontend, the stupid GameStick needs you to format and reinstall the whole bloomin' thing, to switch between developer and user modes.
    I haven't bothered to touch the actual Gamestick frontend since the day I received it.
    Jayenkai : Making unpopular games for over two and a half decades!
    OUYA/Cortex/Android TV compatible .apks available here.

Yeah so I've read. Thanks anyways. Anybody else?

No luck so far... I've tried both free games and purchased games that weren't installed. Every one just seems to queue but never downloads. The store only seems to have half updated too, so there are lots of empty tiles and the gameplay videos are buffering terribly (although they are playing so that's a plus). I know their social channels died when their PR guy left earlier in the year, but since they were moving into white label services I thought they were still ticking along - but maybe not
    Hmmm... good signatures are hard to come by...

Their flare play stream service shut down and they were doing refunds on both the boxes and purchase sadly. I hope that doesn't mean the death of it. If it is dead I don't know why store server is still up or why I was able to put 10 on my account and have it reflect proper on my home screen.

This isn't a good sign.

I've seen support saying sometimes a factory reset is necessary, but I got a lot games on it that do still work I'd rather not lose to get my 10 dollars in purchases, unless I know somebody out there is having more luck than i.

Yeah, I'd hold onto the games that do work for now!
    Have you had any response from their tech support?
    Hmmm... good signatures are hard to come by...

I never touch my Gamestick anymore. It's a complete waste of time to be brutally honest.
    I'm not limited edition. I'm just special.

Quote Originally Posted by xanderten50 View Post
    Yeah, I'd hold onto the games that do work for now!
    Have you had any response from their tech support?
    No.