Close
Advertise Here

Can i put links in signatures?

Possibly an admission of my own ineptitude, but can I put a link in my signature? I don't know whether I just can't do it or I'm simply not allowed to!
    Hmmm... good signatures are hard to come by...

1 members found this post helpful.
    Yeah, most people tend to put their links into their sigs, be it to their homepage or their twitter/youtube/facebook account, or whatever else might be worth adding down there.

For the most part it's skipped past by most users, and only clicked by those who are actually interested to know more.

IMO : (Although I'm not an admin, here!) it's better to put a link in your sig and then be a social poster on the forum, so that people might occasionally see your link and wonder what it's all about, than to be one of those spammy people who only ever show up to post about their own linked stuff.

I definitely don't do that!!
    Jayenkai : Making unpopular games for over two and a half decades!
    OUYA/Cortex/Android TV compatible .apks available here.

Looks like I can't do it - "BB code url is not allowed"

Space Cadet Pirate Moderator flamepanther's Avatar

We had a whole lot of spambots previously that were keeping their posts innocuous (but useless/nonsensical), but then putting spammy links in their signatures.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

Where/what are you trying to link to? It should still work, but if not one of us can edit it in.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness - > Instagram

I've been playing around with Playboard to create a list of decent games that play well on the Forge (you can see the generated image that is currently in my signature) and I was just trying to add the link for that in as well - but I couldn't tell if I was just being dense or whether I wasn't allowed to do it