Close
Advertise Here

Can I have both Ethernet and WiFi connected at the same time?

Some apps still don't recognise an Ethernet connection as a proper internet connection - but whilst the Ethernet is in use, the Forge won't use the WiFi - is there anyway to force it on... or swap the active connections without having to manually disconnect the Ethernet cable each time?
    Hmmm... good signatures are hard to come by...

OUYA Developer Eldon.McGuinness's Avatar

The only way to fix this, that I have seen, is with Root and the Xposed Module. There is a plugin that will make the OS think any connection is a wifi connection, but this still does not work on all title, iDisplay being one of them.

Fair enough, thanks anyway
    Hmmm... good signatures are hard to come by...

I have a problem frequently that it doesn't recognize that Ethernet is plugged in, dont remember the OUYA doing it that much, a restart of the modem fixes it though and a restart of the forge
    <Batman> Going to pitch So Many Steve to Extend. Filo with different hairstyles for each of the 27 Steves we have

OUYA Developer Eldon.McGuinness's Avatar

Restart of the modem? If you have to do that then it could be a modem/isp issue. If it is the forge just conking out then a simple restart of that device should fix it, but if you have to restart the modem it is likely a bigger issue.

crap, sounds like a mess lol... yeah i unplug the mode, and plug it back in then it recognizes it, might be the power adapter im using has two outlets that are always on option and then the others are powered by one thing

I just want to find the root of the problem, see right now I unplugged the modem then Ethernet was activated but the Forge started lagging so I had to restart that, ugh

I think it could be something to do with my power adapter its one of those ones with a Master Power and im using the Modem since its always on but I think its just messing everything up because this thing happens when using the Forge and switching back to the HDMI with my cable box no source is found, I think its when the forge goes to sleep or something because lately things have been fine if i just switch to the port with the cable box after im done using the Forge so it goes to sleep while on the other HDMI port
    <Batman> Going to pitch So Many Steve to Extend. Filo with different hairstyles for each of the 27 Steves we have