Close
Advertise Here

Is it worth having a section for Android TV games?

Is it worth having a new section for Android TV games, since the more Forges' in circulation will probably result in more people checking on google play for games as well...
    But obv. they won't be cortex releases... or do you want those posts to stay in either standard games or sideloaded?
    Hmmm... good signatures are hard to come by...

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

1 members found this post helpful.
    The majority of the sections have already been renamed as OUYA/Forge, so we're covered there. Much like the OUYA Discover store, Razer's Cortex store is separate from Google Play and ATV. Sticking GP/ATV games in the Side-load section seems most appropriate to me.
    Last edited by DrunkPunk; 07-14-2016 at 11:33 AM.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Fair enough, I just thought I'd ask since it's not technically sideloading any more

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

Eh...let's call it a grey area.

Thanks for the question!
    Last edited by DrunkPunk; 07-14-2016 at 11:58 AM.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

1 members found this post helpful.
    Gaming section works too.

Hmmmm...

Not sure it works. we shall see.

Been thinking about this and the forum was intended for OUYA only. No one knew this sale would happen and would lead to another console with a different setup. I just don't know if there is enough activity at the moment to warrant it. Would like to see more people posting (in general) and talking about the Forge and all that. Then it might make sense. If people were posting about it then sure. Right now it just seems like something that would be underutilized.

Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    Gaming section works too.

Hmmmm...

Not sure it works. we shall see.

Been thinking about this and the forum was intended for OUYA only. No one knew this sale would happen and would lead to another console with a different setup. I just don't know if there is enough activity at the moment to warrant it. Would like to see more people posting (in general) and talking about the Forge and all that. Then it might make sense. If people were posting about it then sure. Right now it just seems like something that would be underutilized.
    Well.. if it were to be under current games, The big issue I see with that is that it would be near impossible to track. GP for Android TV doesn't really have an online list of what is newest compared to OUYA/Razer so it would be a guessing game, now if it was for Android TV games in general, that is another story.
    Racin-Games, creator of Sirenium ~ Forever After ~ .. come check us out here! http://www.racin-games.com
    Forum Page: http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...-Forever-After
    If you want your game/app reviewed, let me know! I'll ReviOUYA. Will also do previews and such as well. http://reviouya.wordpress.com/
    Play like me! http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...imega&p=119559

Alright, thinking about it maybe a whole new section would be a bit redundant as things are currently - but could we add Android TV into the titles for the current & upcoming sections? At least then it should be ok to post about Forge games that aren't from Cortex and aren't sideloaded maybe?

Forum marked everything as read so didn't see this post. For now, yes. If we can find games that are planned for Forge, Cortex and I guess ATV.