Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ok I get what you're saying now. It's not as clear cut as what I read on xda forums then, and adding ext to usb drive in the file path as you say isn't necessary unless I want apps apks on usb as well which wasn't said in the description over at xda forums. Just that ext should be included in the file path so the app fools google play into downloading update data there for games.

I guess we are talking different things.

To use USB for data/obb, you need to setup that external storage path on xinternalsd config. If you meant ext partition, it's not necessary. Ext partitions are just for using external storage as an extension of internal sdcard, and it's just really useful for moving apks to external storage on android kitkat or above (because, on jellybean - stock ouya firmware - you can move to usb as you know).

Cheers,
    Fabrício.

Yeah I meant setting up usb for data/obb storage. In which case it seems you're saying I need to edit the config file for it right? I have no programming ability to know what lines to alter, and replace with what lines if that's the case.

How do we install the XInternalSD? Is this an apk? I don't have programming skills either...
    So many games, so little time...

Quote Originally Posted by nightwishfan1 View Post
    Yeah I meant setting up usb for data/obb storage. In which case it seems you're saying I need to edit the config file for it right? I have no programming ability to know what lines to alter, and replace with what lines if that's the case.
    You don't need to edit any config file, all configs you do are on plugin interface itself, just follow what i said there: http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...l=1#post191562

Not hard to setup at all. I believe even reboot is not needed, but you can do it just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrowurst View Post
    How do we install the XInternalSD? Is this an apk? I don't have programming skills either...
    It's a Xposed module (wich is an apk anyway ). Just need to root your device and grant superuser access. If you are on Forge... i don't know if you can and how to root the device.

Well I got to see if this would work the way I thought it would and it doesn't, since the Dead Trigger 2 update released yesterday. It still installed it's data to ouyas main storage despite the proper configurations. I can however say that the games work if you make an obb folder for games data in a mounted usb device then push every game from ouya to usb. It seems as long as the games see their respective data in the location as themselves then they will work. However there is at least 2 drawbacks to this. First when a game has a update released it will want to install data to ouyas main storage. So I merely kept an obb folder on ouyas main storage, and when I see a update is out I move the respective data for that game back to ouya to update it, and then move it back to usb. It's a little bit of a hassle, but I got a 32GB cruzer flash drive for a reason, and this is what I'll do til I'm out of space. Then I'll go to a shield portable for games that need better performance and higher android versions. Second it seems that some games that have you configure controller mappings will lose those configurations upon data being moved to a new location. Which would be an obb folder in your mounted usb under android.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwishfan1 View Post
    Well I got to see if this would work the way I thought it would and it doesn't, since the Dead Trigger 2 update released yesterday. It still installed it's data to ouyas main storage despite the proper configurations. I can however say that the games work if you make an obb folder for games data in a mounted usb device then push every game from ouya to usb. It seems as long as the games see their respective data in the location as themselves then they will work. However there is at least 2 drawbacks to this. First when a game has a update released it will want to install data to ouyas main storage. So I merely kept an obb folder on ouyas main storage, and when I see a update is out I move the respective data for that game back to ouya to update it, and then move it back to usb. It's a little bit of a hassle, but I got a 32GB cruzer flash drive for a reason, and this is what I'll do til I'm out of space. Then I'll go to a shield portable for games that need better performance and higher android versions. Second it seems that some games that have you configure controller mappings will lose those configurations upon data being moved to a new location. Which would be an obb folder in your mounted usb under android.
    I believe you need to enable module for google play to achieve updating directly into USB. But i can just suppose that, since i'm not updating my apps for a while. I can confirm, however, if you enable XInternalSD for googleplay, store downloads will be done ons your external drive. If regular store downloads are done there, i believe update downloads will be done same place. And maybe even installation.

Cheers,
    Fabrício.