Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Xposed framework module obb to usb. Side loaded on ouya but have questions

Ok I side loaded the xposed framework module obb to usb onto ouya since I read about it a little before deciding to do so. Supposedly it works in a way where you can move your larger games obb files over to usb, and still be able to update them as usual through google play through a few program hooks to allow so. This typically isn't possible since most games data needs to remain on a devices main storage. So far I've moved a few key games expecting this to work for at least one that will be updated by tomorrow at some point. That being Dead Trigger 2. So my questions are the following.

1. How many have used this module before, and it be successful in what it's supposed to do?
    2. Does the updating of the game data update like it should since apparently there's programming hooks showing google play where to download and update the file?
    3. Is there anything I need to be particularly aware of with this module? Something that someone who used or uses this, and experienced something I might not be aware of for example. Like something that isn't in the description.
    4. Do i need a newer xposed framework than what I'm using for this module to behave properly? Or since the version I'm using is up to date is it good enough?

This sounds interesting. Could you please tell us more about how you installed and configured that? Thanks!
    So many games, so little time...

Honestly I'm not sure I got it configured right at all myself, or I wouldn't have questions. Besides that I got the name of the module wrong anyway. It's obb on sd, which pretty much identifies with most phone or tablet style devices since they use sd cards, but I imagine it would work for something using usb storage as well. I could be wrong though. So I could be using an entirely wrong module for all I know. Kinda wasted my own time if that's the case. And yours Retro. I'm gonna read up on this more cause it came up when I looked for options to move the obb data of my games elsewhere other than ouyas main storage.

I prefer Xposed module XInternalSD, wich i'm using now, because this one tricks Android in thinking USB is your standard SD card just for apps you want to. That's better than Obb to USB for me, because you can use it just not for Obbs, but for downloads, for example. I used it to force Google Play downloads directly to USB.

Well, that said, i believe Obb to USB would behave the same as XInternalSD for external data. I think just moving obb to external USB won't update your files there, so every update will be downloaded to SD Card and you'll have to move new data to USB, unless this plugin has some kind of option to move data automatically to destination drive.

I use newer xposed framework, but i'm using a custom build version because the original one doesn't run on my Cyanogen, i believe it won't run on default firmware too but not sure. If something goes wrong with your current XPosed, and the newer one doesn't work, you can try download custom build here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=62 (don't download MIUI edition)

Cheers,
    Fabrício.

Well, I'm grateful for all ideas concerning the internal storage problem. I have one OUYA with 0,00 free on the internal. But I'm curious if this XInternalSD would work for the Forge TV. Would solve a lot of problems, I'm tired of waiting for Razer to come around with an update... then I could try to sideload as many of my Discover .apks as possible to see which ones will work.
    So many games, so little time...

Quote Originally Posted by Retrowurst View Post
    Well, I'm grateful for all ideas concerning the internal storage problem. I have one OUYA with 0,00 free on the internal. But I'm curious if this XInternalSD would work for the Forge TV. Would solve a lot of problems, I'm tired of waiting for Razer to come around with an update... then I could try to sideload as many of my Discover .apks as possible to see which ones will work.
    It should work on any rooted device with SuperUser. And if a device can install and run XPosed framework, it has both as far as i know. I don't know if you can root and install SU on Forge. If so, it's very possible to extend your storage to external device. And for free. I did it on my Cyanouya. Not as straightforward as you may think, though.

Ok I'm curious about this xinternalsd now. Just trying to figure out how it works exactly. Seems it's as simple as using the "path to internal sd card" option and changing the path that it shows representing internal storage to /storage/extusbdrive since I'm using a usb drive right? Or is it a little more complicated than that?

Yeah it's like that.

You enable 'custom path to internal SD card'
    Path to internal sdcard, you choose that one for your external USBstorage. On Ouya, it's /usbdisk only... if i'm not wrong, the plugin itself will find automagically the external path based on device tree. If not, it's just a matter of click in there and select desired path.

If you Enable for all apps, for now and on, your apps will try to find it's obbs and data on external usb. You can 'enable for all apps' and them customize your 'blacklist' choosing for wich ones you will disable this feature on 'Disable for apps'.

I don't recommend including system apps though. But If you want playstore download things to external SD, so you will need that. So i recommend you to disable all system apps but play store on 'Disable for apps'. It's a bit boring but once you've set the whole thing up, you would not have to change anything else anymore, unless you install another system app.

Full access to external SD card is recommended.

Good luck!!

Cheers,
    Fabrício.

Hm....ok. I was going off what I read for it on xda forums. I only made my path to usb drive the way I did cause looking in filepwn shows the path as usb drive, and I figure if it's reading like that there then my path should reflect that exactly. Only thing I'm not clear on is if the ext part is necessary, though I imagine it is.

No, ext partitions are only necessary IF you want your apk into USB drives (and not just obb / data), and is on kitkat or above. So you can use Link2SD together with xinternalSD to achieve this.