Close
Advertise Here

Forge TV Remote app region locked in Google Play

I just received my new Forge TV, eager to set it up. The set-up requires the "Forge TV Remote" app to be installed on your Android phone. Unfortunately for me, Razer has managed to region-lock the app on Google Play, excluding Sweden for some reason (I guess by accident?).

Anyway, I had to resort to an APK mirror site, just google for "Forge TV remote APK download" if you face the same issue as me.

(I have started a support ticket at Razer too)

Quote Originally Posted by killerbob View Post
    I just received my new Forge TV, eager to set it up. The set-up requires the "Forge TV Remote" app to be installed on your Android phone. Unfortunately for me, Razer has managed to region-lock the app on Google Play, excluding Sweden for some reason (I guess by accident?).

Anyway, I had to resort to an APK mirror site, just google for "Forge TV remote APK download" if you face the same issue as me.

(I have started a support ticket at Razer too)
    I had the same thing in the Netherlands, after a tweet to Razer it took about a week before they fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by knaart View Post
    I had the same thing in the Netherlands, after a tweet to Razer it took about a week before they fixed it.
    Makes it even more strange that the region lock is still active for some regions though. Once is a mistake, twice is a habit.

Might have to break out the keyboard, had to do that when the wifey wasn't home when I did a factory reset
    <Batman> Going to pitch So Many Steve to Extend. Filo with different hairstyles for each of the 27 Steves we have