Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can you install the Amazon Appstore on the Forge?

As the title - I was wondering if the Amazon appstore sideloads onto the forge easily enough and does it work with the controller properly etc?
    Also, can you install apps like amazon instant video (or hell, even the amazon version of netflix) from the amazon store?
    Hmmm... good signatures are hard to come by...

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

1 members found this post helpful.
    My earlier searching brought up a big "No" to that question, but I have not tried it myself.

People also say that it is hard to sideload stuff onto the Forge and it is not so...
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkPunk View Post
    My earlier searching brought up a big "No" to that question, but I have not tried it myself.

People also say that it is hard to sideload stuff onto the Forge and it is not so...
    That's why I was asking, googling got me nowhere so I was hoping someone with an actual forge might have tried it out or be prepared to give it a go

2 members found this post helpful.
    I can give it a go if I get some time. I would like to have my Amazon apps on mah TeeVee!
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

I can give it a go if I get some time. I would like to have my Amazon apps on mah TeeVee!
    You're a star sir

Quote Originally Posted by xanderten50 View Post
    You're a star sir
    The sooner everyone else realizes it, the better off we will all be.

2 members found this post helpful.
    I installed it. It works fine. I was able to download my purchased copy of kotor and that also worked. I did however need to use a mouse to properly navigate and access menus that hide to the side. Much like es file explorer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wienersoup View Post
    I installed it. It works fine. I was able to download my purchased copy of kotor and that also worked. I did however need to use a mouse to properly navigate and access menus that hide to the side. Much like es file explorer.
    So pretty much just like on the Ouya except without a built-in touchpad?
    Okay then - I don't suppose you've tried installing Amazons instant video or netflix version have you?

Have not

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well put sir, will be trying this when I receiving Forge in hands! TaBooooooooooot!
    <Batman> Going to pitch So Many Steve to Extend. Filo with different hairstyles for each of the 27 Steves we have