Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

Glad to hear you're still working on it
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

OUYA Developer Eldon.McGuinness's Avatar

Are you still working on this Fabricio?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldon.McGuinness View Post
    Are you still working on this Fabricio?
    Yeah, although not as much as i would like to. And as i'm very inexperienced, sometimes it takes me forever to solve a problem that maybe wasn't that difficult. For now i'm replicating Ouya System overlay somehow. Anyway, would like to thank you (again) for all help you gave me when i've asked you

OUYA Developer Eldon.McGuinness's Avatar

I'm not sure if it would work, but supposedly holding the Home button triggers "android.intent.action.ASSIST" to be broadcast. You could try to catch that and display and overlay in any given app/screen.

Interesting!!! Although i'm not on factory ROM anymore (using Cyanogen now, so i'm adapting launcher to it, adding more functionality), maybe it's still intercepted by Ouya framework... Will do some testing.

Anyway, how did you find this one? Never have seen this on any Ouya official documents, and never saw that on logcat, but hey, i never read all logcat, so i may have skipped it.

As some of you may know, I'm running a MOJO as my main box now with CM 12.1 at the moment. I hope it's OK, but I'm going to give this launcher a try on this box and see how that goes. I'm currently using the excellent Top TV Launcher but this is a little limited. Has anyone here tried the HEYA Launcher on a MOJO? Let me know.

Anyway, either way, I'll give it a go and post back if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Project View Post
    As some of you may know, I'm running a MOJO as my main box now with CM 12.1 at the moment. I hope it's OK, but I'm going to give this launcher a try on this box and see how that goes. I'm currently using the excellent Top TV Launcher but this is a little limited. Has anyone here tried the HEYA Launcher on a MOJO? Let me know.

Anyway, either way, I'll give it a go and post back if anyone is interested.
    It may work on MOJO for most part, i'm pretty sure the app list screen will give you no problem, but i believe it can crash if no controller is paired / turned on for a while. All shortcuts to Ouya specific functions will crash aswell. Now that i'm on Cyanogen, i'm (very slowly) working on a generic version of this, to work basically on any android. Yeah, it became much more complicated than i've anticipated. But a great learning this thing became to me