Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Well Eldon the reason I want the play store is cause when I do find a particular game I want to try, and look for the apk of it on the net I typically find the google play dependent versions of them, and loading them up only tells me they need google play services. Looking on amazon app store usually is a 50/50 if they have that particular game or not. Aptoide seems to be a crap shoot in the dark if the game is there or not, and frankly I do not know many other resource sites for game or app apks that are legit, and provide non google play dependent versions. ADB is honestly not for me. I have no development knowledge to use it.

Anyway I guess if I reflash the OS, and start fresh than I'll have to backup my purchases to my 32GB thumb drive. Especially the amazon app store. I don't know why, but finding the stand alone app anymore is almost impossible. Then from there find what I need, and try to be careful.

I have two OUYAs and installed GP on both. I had similar problems on one of the cubes, but it turned out that it was just a misconfiguration.

Did you make sure that the a-little-hard-to-see-checkbox in the Xposed installer?

In contrast to the common instructions availabe e.g. on YouTube, I turned SU & Mods preserver OFF in the Mod Collection.

After that, GP worked with no problems.
    So many games, so little time...

Quote Originally Posted by Retrowurst View Post
    I have two OUYAs and installed GP on both. I had similar problems on one of the cubes, but it turned out that it was just a misconfiguration.

Did you make sure that the a-little-hard-to-see-checkbox in the Xposed installer?

In contrast to the common instructions availabe e.g. on YouTube, I turned SU & Mods preserver OFF in the Mod Collection.

After that, GP worked with no problems.

I know what you're talking about, and I don't see the overlay people seem to suggest happens when checking the box like that. This is with the suggested versions of xposed and mod collection being used also. I'm using v2.5.1 of xposed btw. If there is an overlap somewhere then I haven't seen it, but I'm definitely aware of it being present somewhere in a version used by online guides. Mod collection I have SU & Mods Preserver turned off. Google play mod is turned on, and only other thing that is turned on is Force HDMI Res.

Have you already seen what it's supposed to look like? There are some YouTube tutorials online where it is shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrowurst View Post
    Have you already seen what it's supposed to look like? There are some YouTube tutorials online where it is shown.
    Yep. I know what it looks like. I just haven't seen it. if it's buried under one of the options then I got no idea since the videos do a crappy job of showing you where to go to find it. However I've clicked through every single thing I think, and haven't seen it.

This one here shows it quite clearly, have you already seen this?

Ok...So what version of xposed is that? I've seen that, but It's clearly not the version I'm using. The background on mine is black as opposed to white shown in the video. The newer xposed frameworks don't have that issue, and I wouldn't even know where to look to find the equivalent to that check box on it anyway if it exists in any of the menus.

Update: I got the play store working! I had to revert to using the older xposed installer in the video retrowurst linked, and saw the transparency. A simple update of the framework with the box checked did it. Cool stuff going on now. Thank you retrowurst!

Now the big question.....what to try and side load from it? lol

I play Asphalt 7 a lot at the moment

^^^Well I just got Unkilled to work. It's a little finicky with wanting to give you a clear way to map the controls at first, but messing with the left analog stick brings up a red bulls eye that you use in game to aim with. Just hover over the options, and use A to select them. From there mapping the controls should be easy. However the game runs slow running on auto detect graphics level, and anything higher than medium settings.

Glad you got it going and I too remember that checkbox being a buggar!

Dead trigger 1 and 2 are much better than unkilled man. It's not possible to aim down the irons on unkilled and its graphics are rougher on ouya.

Beware a lot of Gameloft games will ask you to re download the gbs of data upon update.

I would also recommend dream league soccer. By far the greatest football game for ouya. Its basically the ouyas FIFA. Newer versions don't work with controller.

Good luck!