Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Can't access google play store using existing or new account

So each time I try to use google play store on my ouya it goes to a black screen asking me if i want to sign in using an existing account, or a new account. I try both options but it looks right back to that screen instead of progressing further. I always had this problem but resorted to other app stores for my apps on ouya, but I'd really like for google play store to be active now since Razer will be shutting us down in June. What could I be doing wrong, or what is going wrong?

Ok this needs an edit cause apparently the play store did log me in, but upon trying to re-enter it I immediately get kicked out back to the make page. Not sure what's going on here, but it's weird. Play store was installed from xposed framework 2.5.1.

So this thread has been viewed 44 times and no one can tell me what's going on, or what I should try to do? I been following guides to get this going on the chickcharney hot fix 2 update, but it just doesn't want to work. I have the recommended versions of mod collection and xposed framework to get it all running, but nothing is giving an inch to work.
    Last edited by Schizophretard; 05-04-2016 at 04:36 PM.

As time passes, any and all hacks, mods, tweaks and "fixes" will get old and start to break. This is what happens when you attempt unsupported enhancements, and expect them to always work.
    If GooglePlay were part of the original design, then TeamOUYA would ensure it still works. It doesn't.
    As OUYA moves in one direction, GooglePlay goes in the other, and those who attempt to make both things work have to work harder and harder to get things done.

At the end of the day, there are better suited GooglePlay devices, and the OUYA is better suited to being exactly what it is. An OUYA.

If you want the best of both worlds, grab a Razer Forge.
    Jayenkai : Making unpopular games for over two and a half decades!
    OUYA/Cortex/Android TV compatible .apks available here.

Not exactly the best response from someone who got this mod to work when they had an ouya. Besides I can't afford the forge, and to me when many new apps are developed with a 4.1 minimum android OS I'll stick to this, and keep messing with it. Also I know the chickcharney hotfix 2 update had a fix for this that works, and to many others knowledge still works to this day. So a bit more constructive response would be appreciated other than go to a new hardware that I been reading is a bit buggy in some regards. Some of the reviews I've scouted from amazon among other retailers aren't quite appealing. Kinda a mixed bag so to speak. Anyways not to be rude, but either help or don't reply, cause I know a few such pages mislead to a outdated guide, or say they work on the fw that everyones ouya is stuck on and will remain on.

For reference this is what I'm using. http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...15-working-fix

I was one of the 44 who read, but didn't reply, because they knew you didn't want to hear the answer.

I DID "either help or don't reply", but you seemed unhappy with that response.

I'm sorry that the actual response is incompatible with your wishes.
    Jayenkai : Making unpopular games for over two and a half decades!
    OUYA/Cortex/Android TV compatible .apks available here.

Well of course I don't want to hear your answer when others are doing what I'm trying to do right now, and having success at it. Some such individuals I know personally. So yeah going to a new hardware response isn't what I'm looking for. Or BS that what I see with my own 2 eyes work on another ouya doesn't work cause I seem to be an exception. Something isn't right, and frankly messing with it til I get a proper workaround or fix is what I do. I've done so with every bit of gaming hardware I ever soft modded, and this wont be no different, cause the fix exists, and I'll keep trying til it does.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwishfan1 View Post
    Well of course I don't want to hear your answer when others are doing what I'm trying to do right now, and having success at it. Some such individuals I know personally. So yeah going to a new hardware response isn't what I'm looking for. Or BS that what I see with my own 2 eyes work on another ouya doesn't work cause I seem to be an exception. Something isn't right, and frankly messing with it til I get a proper workaround or fix is what I do. I've done so with every bit of gaming hardware I ever soft modded, and this wont be no different, cause the fix exists, and I'll keep trying til it does.
    Hi there!

Getting a response after 44 views is pretty good really! Many of those views are robots or people passing by which may not have an answer for you.

Jayenkai is right. Hacks break when they get old. But then again, everything breaks when they get old! The Ouya console in theory was only supposed to last 1-2 years by design until the next console was to be released. Soooo yeah..

The Ouya OS which is a hack on Android 4.1 will also eventually break down when/wut/if the Ouya servers migrate to razor and no proper update given to legacy console owners. Eventually the Google Dashboard will simply refuse to work as they are constantly upgrading while Ouya is being left behind.

If google play is what you really want and you don't have much going on in the Ouya gaming community. If you're tired of getting locked out after the next update hoping Xposed will fix it. Or like me, Just tired of the constant 920 caching errors Google Play will give you. And you like soft-modding your game consoles. Then I would recommend looking up "Cyanogenmod for Ouya". And afterwards, look up "Ouya Anywhere for CyanogenMod" so you can continue to play games from the Ouya Community. Like any soft-hack there will be glitches and failures. The hardware of the console is not bad. Just when the software gets old, you update the software.

This may not be the answer you were looking for. But it's the best one I could give to you.

- S
    Last edited by sconfig; 05-03-2016 at 04:24 PM.
    Would you like to know more? - My Blog

Hello there

I would like to help you with the problem.

I can empathise with someone being frustrated about being mislead on trying to root their console. Why OUYA devs made it tough to hack when one of its selling points was that it was easy to root and mode is beyond me. It should've been ready-rooted right out of the box. There is very little user friendly about this console.

Unfortunately, the latest known community tools don't work anymore to root the system. About a year ago, I spent hours and hours of my time, over a week, looking up how to root the console because the latest update was being a beach. Nowhere seemed to have an answer. I kept finding the three files to, root my ouya apk, xposed installer apk, mod collection apk bla bla bla. I got tired of it.

So an idea came to me, because the ouya is android, I started looking up ways to root an android phone and I found this site http://kingroot.net. It's a simple install but it works like magic! Make sure you do the process on the ouya itself. No need for usbs with apks on them etc. Just use the ouya's browser to find the site and install kingroot. Then install the other two files; Xposed Installer apk and Mod Collection apk (which are easy to find on the net).

Bare in mind I done this a year ago but was still after I found out Mod my ouya apk doesn't work no more. I've had no troubles since. I have the google playstore installed and google chrome.

The kingroot app used to be only in a foreign language which made it somewhat harder to install back then but now it's in english (and which is probably why it isn't more popular than it should be). It also installs a purify app to revert the changes.

I hope this helps you and anyone else who somehow never gave up on their ouya consoles!

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by lostcause1234 View Post
    Hello there

I would like to help you with the problem.

I can empathise with someone being frustrated about being mislead on trying to root their console. Why OUYA devs made it tough to hack when one of its selling points was that it was easy to root and mode is beyond me. It should've been ready-rooted right out of the box. There is very little user friendly about this console.

Unfortunately, the latest known community tools don't work anymore to root the system. About a year ago, I spent hours and hours of my time, over a week, looking up how to root the console because the latest update was being a beach. Nowhere seemed to have an answer. I kept finding the three files to, root my ouya apk, xposed installer apk, mod collection apk bla bla bla. I got tired of it.

So an idea came to me, because the ouya is android, I started looking up ways to root an android phone and I found this site http://kingroot.net. It's a simple install but it works like magic! Make sure you do the process on the ouya itself. No need for usbs with apks on them etc. Just use the ouya's browser to find the site and install kingroot. Then install the other two files; Xposed Installer apk and Mod Collection apk (which are easy to find on the net).

Bare in mind I done this a year ago but was still after I found out Mod my ouya apk doesn't work no more. I've had no troubles since. I have the google playstore installed and google chrome.

The kingroot app used to be only in a foreign language which made it somewhat harder to install back then but now it's in english (and which is probably why it isn't more popular than it should be). It also installs a purify app to revert the changes.

I hope this helps you and anyone else who somehow never gave up on their ouya consoles!

Good Luck!
    Well it wasn't so much as being mislead. I rooted my ouya before under the pretense that system updates don't touch root, but apparently they must or the issue wouldn't persist as it has. I'm finally getting a chance to try this solution. See if this has any effect. As for the cyanogen mod idea someone else mentioned. I'm not that much into soft modding the ouya, as research I've done shows that cyanogen mod messes with a few things I don't necessarily want screwed up or messed with. I like fool proof solutions that get me what I want. And what I want is 100% functionality without the mention of something screwing up cause of what I'd be using has that chance of doing the screw up. Not necessarily looking at something that could potentially soft brick my ouya. So anyway I essentially had no clue what in the hell was going on, and jayenkai wasn't any help at all.

So it seems the play store still wants to be a pain. I've re-rooted via kingroot, and re-did the ouya mod collection and xposed framework, and after logging in to google play store it seems to try to get to the play store, but then exits out to the make menu. Any ideas as to why the google play store is doing that? Any solutions to stop it, and get it to go into the store itself?

OUYA Developer Eldon.McGuinness's Avatar

I have long since stopped using the play store, but do have a suggestion if all you're trying to do is get playstore content on your ouya. Assuming the apps do not use any of the Google services or need DRM authentication via OUYA, why not just download the apk and install it via adb or the ouya upload page you can get to on your browser?

Why Cyanogen was fun and worked great for getting KODI to work on the OUYA I have long since stopped using it and just use the default firmware with Plex. As a few people have mentioned, the play store updates all the time and with each update comes a chance that everything related to it will stop working on the ouya. Sad to say, but it is the truth. The only real solution is to preform and fresh install of everything and the only way to do this is to load CWM Recovery and install the last published firmware. Do note that I did not say do a reset on the device as that does not reset everything on the device, the ONLY way to ensure everything is back to the stock setup is to reflash the OS, if you have been just doing the factory reset option then your issue could be just following you.

Hope you get it working though!

Hey,

I've faced same issue than you, after factoring reset my Ouya. Google Play didn't want to login and work. The fact it's really a pain to know exactly what's happening. I really don't know why it happens. All i know i've retried all those steps from that post you linked above, and on my last try, it worked. All i can say is, it still works here on my Ouya. It's probably updated. Lucky? Dunno.

If you are up to, uninstall everything and retry those steps. Again and again. At last, you still can sideload things, as Eldon suggested. Good luck!

Cheers,
    Fabrício.