Close
Advertise Here

View Poll Results: Are you a dev that is interested in using this?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

5 83.33%
  • NO

1 16.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I hope this gets made. I've been patiently waiting for four years for some killer apps to come out for the Ouya, and it's sad to see official support being dropped without that really happening (at least to my knowledge, if I can get my external harddrive working with my Ouya I'll be doing a lot of mass downloading during the next month). I'm even more upset that it means that unless I rush (which would be a VERY bad idea), I won't be able to keep that exclusive game promise I made years ago... At least this way, the Ouya will unofficially live on.
    I'm a proud Ouya owner and developer!

One of my Ouya exclusives has started development, you can check out the dev log here:

Chomp Hoppers Dev Log

Yep, Chomp Hoppers has gone from having a PC prototype to being fully exclusive, thanks to me not being able to meet the Adventure Jam Deadline. Expect more impressive updates after Ludum Dare.

Quote Originally Posted by StarDust4Ever View Post
    I sideloaded the Ghostbusters Pinball app from Total Ouya after it was pulled from discover because I didn't get it while it was available. Best part about doing so was I got to keep the awesome 80s theme song!.
    Is the Music really still in there? I'd love to have that, can I install this "over" the discover app or do I have to remove it first?
    So many games, so little time...

Quote Originally Posted by Retrowurst View Post
    Is the Music really still in there? I'd love to have that, can I install this "over" the discover app or do I have to remove it first?
    Yes it is. I side-loaded the Ghostbusters app after it was pulled for the first time, but before the update. For some reason it never updated the app. I purchased a full unlock but I still only get four tokens to use. IMO, the original theme music is still worth it. Is there a way to get apks off the Ouya to PC? I would share it but I think it would be against forum rules.

OUYA Developer Eldon.McGuinness's Avatar

A bit off topic here, but you could use something like es explorer to get the apk off it and send it to another device or back it up.

The DNS is cool and all. Us kids which have already rooted can simply mod the /etc/hosts file to point tv.ouya.com to the proper IP . So all is good there.

I'm all for new ways to get games onto my Ouya if Razor drops support. Their loss.
    Would you like to know more? - My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Eldon.McGuinness View Post
    A bit off topic here, but you could use something like es explorer to get the apk off it and send it to another device or back it up.
    No need; I actually found the original apk I downloaded to my laptop in 2014.