Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Chats

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

OUYAForum - New Columns Section Coming Soon! Sign up now and have your own column!!

Ever want to have your own column on a popular website? Ever want to write reviews for games? Ever want to cover news for a popular video game console? Ever want to do some editorial work? Ever want to make your own videos?

Well you may just be in luck. Starting this week, OUYAForum.com will launch a new section called "OUYA Columns" (or something along those lines). In this subsection on the forum, we will have daily/weekly/monthly columns concerning the OUYA, OUYA Games, Possible future OUYA Technology, OUYA interviews, OUYA Videos and more. I will personally have a weekly column, as will others that are members of this forum. You can also have your very own column on OUYAForum's "OUYA Columns"!

If you are interested, simply reply to this thread with what your idea for a column is. I will then contact you, to get a little bit of your background information and perhaps some sampling of your work. We are only looking for people with the following qualifications:

- Must be 17 years old or older.
    - Must consider yourself an above average writer (if you are doing a written column)
    - Must consider yourself an above average amateur video producer (if you are doing a video column)
    - And of course, you MUST be a fan of the OUYA!

Here are some ideas for columns that we would be interested in. If you have another idea, feel free to submit it as well. We love new ideas!!
    - OUYA Game Reviews (written or video reviews)
    - OUYA Game Previews (written or video previews)
    - OUYA News (written or video news)
    - OUYA Editorials (written or video editorials)
    - OUYA Interviews (interviews with OUYA developers, OUYA reps, etc - written or video interviews)
    - OUYA Roundtable Discussions (Video discussions with 1 or more person surrounding the latest OUYA happenings/games)

If you want to make OUYAForum.com the biggest and best OUYA community out there, and wish to help generate some interesting content, please apply by replying to this thread, with the following information:

- Your First Name
    - When are you getting an OUYA?
    - Your idea for what you would like your OUYA Column to be about.
    - A preliminary name for your OUYA Column (i.e. Eddie's Weekly OUYA Recap).

I'm so excited for this. I think it has a lot of potential. Can't wait to see your ideas! The only restriction we have on this is that you can't use your column to promote anything at all (games, websites, etc). You would be doing this for the love of OUYA, and the OUYA Community.

Ed

UPDATE: Also, all OUYA Forum Column contributors will get a new user title as well as a special color to your name, like I have
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn

Ouya Fan
    Chats

I wish I was 4 years older... le sigh...

Chats

Sounds awesome and I love the idea of me doing Ouya game reviews and stuff but I know me...I don't have the discipline to stop playing and start typing up a review XD
    Do you wanna date my avatar?

Chats

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Canobie View Post
    I wish I was 4 years older... le sigh...
    You've failed at internet 101 - lie

I would like to contribute to a hardware hacking column, but alas I doubt I'd have enough of my own material for many articles without copy/pasting other people's work

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by jvaught89 View Post
    Sounds awesome and I love the idea of me doing Ouya game reviews and stuff but I know me...I don't have the discipline to stop playing and start typing up a review XD
    No problem Keep in mind, you could simply run a Monthly or Weekly Review column, where you review the game you played the most that week/month. Could be something like "JVaughts Weekly Favorite", etc. This goes for anyone interested in contributing.

Chats

I may do something like that. I've been keeping up on Ouya news and games quite a bit. While I wouldn't necessarily discuss hardware news or anything I may do some sort of a game review where I would talk about games i'd played recently. Or even discussing new apps and such. I know someone wanted a Ouya Game List that was sorted by genre's and i've considered scouring our list and trying to sort them but haven't been brave enough to start as of yet lol.

Chats

Sounds good. Let me know what you decide to do. We'd love to have you on board
    Ed

Chats

I think it'd be cool if we utilized the .apk testing page and had some non devs do beta testing and then report on up and coming games that haven't hit the market yet. I've messed with this slightly, playing some of the .apks on my Nexus 7 with a blue tooth controller lol

Ouya Fan
    Chats

No spanish column? my english is not very good looking lol

Ouya Fan
    Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Hectormuniz20 View Post
    No spanish column? my english is not very good looking lol
    And italian column? i have a italian youtube channel