Close
Advertise Here

1 members found this post helpful.

Ouya/Cortex/Android TV games streaming through Nvidia Shield TV Twitch share feature.

Since I have a Shield TV console, I thought it would be cool to fool around with its coolest feature which is the ability to stream your gameplay in real time on Twitch.

I'll try to stream mainly Ouya/Cortex games or anything Android if people want to.

I'll start tomorrow (Sunday Jan. 24th) around 1 and 2PM PST.

The first game will be Magic Rampage (Google Play version)

I can chat through the Shield controller microphone if asked to and the sound quality is not too crappy.

This is my first time sharing my gameplay so there's going to be a lot of room for improvement.

If you're interested, you can start following Oldkidlg on Twitch.

I'm open to any game suggestion as long as I own it and it works well on the Shield while streaming.

Due to the relatively poor quality of my connection, this will be a 360p stream. If it goes really well, I'll try a higher quality but don't count on it.

OUYAForum Regular Negative Zero's Avatar

Cool! I'll try to check it out.
    Juxtaposition is the human condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Zero View Post
    Cool! I'll try to check it out.
    Feel free to join ! I've just ordered the webcam that Nvidia recommends for video comments on the Shield, so at some point in the future, I could do that as well.

Edit : I played as planned for almost 2 hours. A mix of Magic Rampage and Elliot Quest Razer Edition. Both great games but no one came to watch except a friend I was talking to on Whatsapp. Will continue to stream most of my sessions though, so can certainly subscribe or send me gameplay requests.

Dang this is a sweet feature. I want shield now. I'm gonna get one of the three that are out. Shield, Razor Forge TV, Or Apple TV. I cant decide.I was leaning towards theApple tv cause I already have like 3-4 android tablets, android phone, ouya, get my drift, but I also use an Ipad Air, MBA and a Ipod Touch 6th Gen so I got some of that apple crap too. I was kinda leaning towards the apple tv to mix up my "Ecosystem" a bit, cause I was thinking it would be a little redundant having another android based console, but really I want em all. The shield on the other hand seems like a beast and if it could do that game streaming like your talking about I gotta get on that

Quote Originally Posted by Oldkid Livegen View Post
    Since I have a Shield TV console, I thought it would be cool to fool around with its coolest feature which is the ability to stream your gameplay in real time on Twitch.

I'll try to stream mainly Ouya/Cortex games or anything Android if people want to.

I'll start tomorrow (Sunday Jan. 24th) around 1 and 2PM PST.

The first game will be Magic Rampage (Google Play version)

I can chat through the Shield controller microphone if asked to and the sound quality is not too crappy.

This is my first time sharing my gameplay so there's going to be a lot of room for improvement.

If you're interested, you can start following Oldkidlg on Twitch.

I'm open to any game suggestion as long as I own it and it works well on the Shield while streaming.

Due to the relatively poor quality of my connection, this will be a 360p stream. If it goes really well, I'll try a higher quality but don't count on it.
    Did I read correctly that you are streaming ouya and cortex stuff through the shield tv twitch feature? If so, can I ask how you're doing that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Space Cadet Pirate Moderator flamepanther's Avatar

That's an awesome feature, but I would never want anyone to see how bad I suck find a reason to actually use it.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."

Quote Originally Posted by wienersoup View Post
    Did I read correctly that you are streaming ouya and cortex stuff through the shield tv twitch feature? If so, can I ask how you're doing that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    What I mean is Android games that are also available on Ouya and Cortex stores. These games generally need more exposure. The replays are available on my Twitch channel.