Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OUYAForum Devotee Victor Coleiro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RiotingSpectre View Post
    This product has my attention. I'm just waiting on the price.
    Same here, although I don't think it will be cheap. My guess is that the base model will start at around $250-$300. Probably wont find out pricing though until late this year.

As per the GPD XD , it will come in a number of storage options. Probably start at 64GB and go up. They are also thinking of extra ram options also (8GB) and perhaps a high end Z8700 model .

Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Coleiro View Post
    Same here, although I don't think it will be cheap. My guess is that the base model will start at around $250-$300. Probably wont find out pricing though until late this year.

As per the GPD XD , it will come in a number of storage options. Probably start at 64GB and go up. They are also thinking of extra ram options also (8GB) and perhaps a high end Z8700 model .
    I think it will be less than that given the processor and the fact that Windows 10 is the operating system. This is the kind of device people want and they would be foolish to price themselves out of the market.

Consumer-grade low-budget specs, mind as well just buy the Kangaroo, a Mini PC running the same processor for $100. It will perform almost the same as this, it's not bad but at the same time not good, video game performance-wise.
    Last edited by Sluup; 01-23-2016 at 09:20 AM.
    Signature Pending...

Quote Originally Posted by Sluup View Post
    Consumer-grade low-budget specs, mind as well just buy the Kangaroo, a Mini PC running the same processor for $100. It will perform almost the same as this, it's not bad but at the same time not good, video game performance-wise.
    That's an odd comparison. Ones a Handheld game console and UMPC, the other is a TV box with no screen, no game controls , no keyboard , no speakers, half the ram and half the storage. Probably half the battery also
    It's like comparing oranges and apples

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Coleiro View Post
    It's like comparing oranges and apples
    Both have seeds. They're exactly the same.

And they both grow on trees, too.

I don't know any handhelds using the same chip so I used the Kangaroo that is also running the atom x5 chip to compare the specs and have a general idea of the performance.
    Last edited by Sluup; 01-24-2016 at 02:57 AM. Reason: added a wee bit more info
    Signature Pending...

From what I've read the Intel compute sticks based on this CPU struggle with Minecraft.
    Maybe they can run the clocks higher in this so you can actually play games?

Quote Originally Posted by Sluup View Post
    And they both grow on trees, too.

I don't know any handhelds using the same chip so I used the Kangaroo that is also running the atom x5 chip to compare the specs and have a general idea of the performance.

There's plenty of videos on Youtube showing gaming on tablets with this SOC. It's decent. not great, and not bad.

The GPD WIN is now on Indiegogo. $299 will snag you one

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a...cket--2#/story

Did anyone here back this yet on Indiegogo. I have one for free coming when it launches (it's a long story). Curious though if anyone here backed it on Indiegogo.

They ended up going with the Intel X5-Z8550 SOC (as opposed to the Z8500) which is just hitting the market now.

Here's some images of there final renders from the Indiegogo page: