Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forge TV questions

Hello,

Before I push the next of my game, I want to make sure it's Forge TV compatible. There are two things I can't figure out how to do with GM though:

1) The specific image needed for the Forge TV store front (it's a separate size than the standard ones required for the OUYA store and Game Maker doesn't have a slot for that)
    2) How to tell the game that it's running on a Forge vs OUYA to make sure it displays Forge buttons instead of OUYA buttons on-screen

Thanks for any help!
    http://www.ccshgames.com - Updated 1/10/2016
    PC & Mac games - Updated more frequently
    OUYA games I've had a hand in: Slashers: The Power Battle (voice actor), Battle High 2 (casting/marketing director, voice actor), Astra Etherium (voice actor)
    OUYA games published: Shady's Poopong: 22nd Anniversary Edition, Chomperman

Forge TV questions

Hi Steven.
    I've just published my first game to Forge a few days ago, perhaps I can help you.

There's no problem with the store front image, no need to change nothing inside GM about the images, same config as the OUYA.

About the question on detecting if the game is running on Forge or OUYA, well you need to use the OUYA anywhere extension. This extension has a function to detect the hardware that is running the game, also has functions related to the controllers, IAP, and so more.

You can download ir from OUYA/Cortex developer site.

Only note that this extension is not working with latests GM versions, those that uses Gradle to compile, so you have to use lower versions. The author of this extension is working to update it in order to work with latests GM versions.

Hope this helps you. If you have any questions or doubts, just ask me.

Regards,
    Fran

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
    Last edited by underground; 01-15-2016 at 12:33 AM.

I want to eventually bring my game out on forge. I currently only have the demo out on ouya.

My questions are: should I arse myself with the demo / Ouya in app purchase thingie? Or bring out demo / full version separately. Since it's going into google play somehow wouldn't that be easier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Our game Black Hole - A Classic Arcade Dual-Stick Space Shooter
    Available in the OUYA store now!
    Killswitch - "There are 302,456 OUYAs out there, now no one will have to ask again."

Quote Originally Posted by Rhellik View Post
    I want to eventually bring my game out on forge. I currently only have the demo out on ouya.

My questions are: should I arse myself with the demo / Ouya in app purchase thingie? Or bring out demo / full version separately. Since it's going into google play somehow wouldn't that be easier?

I say why not? Cortex is cooler than GP
    Racin-Games, creator of Sirenium ~ Forever After ~ .. come check us out here! http://www.racin-games.com
    Forum Page: http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...-Forever-After
    If you want your game/app reviewed, let me know! I'll ReviOUYA. Will also do previews and such as well. http://reviouya.wordpress.com/
    Play like me! http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...imega&p=119559

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaimega View Post
    I say why not? Cortex is cooler than GP
    When I ask "A or B" and you answer "Yes" it doesn't help.
    Killswitch - "There are 302,456 OUYAs out there, now no one will have to ask again."

I saw Game Maker then I saw Rhellik and ummmmm... Huh? We have a whole forum and....
    Either way works technically but won't you use the same set up for Google?.

Didn't see the tag just wanted to stay on topic without creating a new thread as "questions" is a very broad topic

Okay so I finally got a Forge. Ready to test s**t out when...

Code:
    FATAL ERROR in
    action number 1
    of <Unknown Event>
    for object object38:

Incorrect Android target... this executable targets Android TV devices. This build is for Android.

Say whaaaaaaaaaaat?

So I do a bit o' digging, and it looks like maybe I need to kick in the OUYA Everywhere extensions? Thought I did that. So I do it. And when I try to build the APK....

Code:
    Validation failed, exiting
     FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
    Execution failed for task ':com.ccsh.chomperman:processArmeabi-v7aReleaseManifest'.
    > Manifest merger failed with multiple errors, see logs

* Try:
    Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED
    Last edited by Steven W. Hunt; 06-18-2016 at 06:39 AM.
    http://www.ccshgames.com - Updated 1/10/2016
    PC & Mac games - Updated more frequently
    OUYA games I've had a hand in: Slashers: The Power Battle (voice actor), Battle High 2 (casting/marketing director, voice actor), Astra Etherium (voice actor)
    OUYA games published: Shady's Poopong: 22nd Anniversary Edition, Chomperman

I would say talk t Tim Graupman. He pretty much has all the endines figured out in terms of Forge/OUYA

What engine are you compiling with? GameMaker?

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk