Close
Advertise Here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

I just downloaded the apk files directly from my OUYA. That way you can be sure to get the latest version (and you won't get a virus lol).

XY Cannon: won't start
    Twin Tiger Shark: installs fine and loads, but won't recognise serval and ouya controller works on the menu but not in-game?
    XP1728: installs fine and loads, but won't recognise either controller
    Void: installs and seems to run fine (including multiplayer)
    Time Swap: installs and runs fine with either controller
    Tiamat X: fails to load with great big error message!
    Stellar Ghosts: installs and runs fine, but only seems to recognise the Serval properly (won't recognise ouya controller buttons?)
    Secret of Space Octopuses: installs and runs fine, but does not respond to either controller
    Hmmm... good signatures are hard to come by...

OUYA Developer Eldon.McGuinness's Avatar

2 members found this post helpful.
    You can try to grab OUYA apks from the ouya.wiki site. It uses the official OUYA json files to scrape the apks and what not. I also have a personal mirror of the "Free" apks on the OUYA store, so if it came down to it I could help ya out there.
    Last edited by Eldon.McGuinness; 08-16-2016 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldon.McGuinness View Post
    You can try to grab OUYA apks from the ouya.wiki site. It uses the official OUYA json files to scrape the apks and what not. I also have a personal mirror of the "Free" apks on the OUYA store, so if it came down to it I could help ya out there.
    Awesome! That's what I was looking for earlier, a more "official" way of downloading them, which your wiki site does (I saw the apk links there, but didn't know they were downloaded directly from the OUYA site).
    However, getting the non-free apks for games that I purchased was something I needed as well.

I'm a bit late to the party but have been trying out a few things on my Forge TV.

I've side-loaded:

Android Netflix: works.
    Android Hbo Go: Works but requires mouse (I needed this version to support my Cable provider)
    Android Amazon Underground: Works (I don't like the interface but it works fine)
    -Amazon Shadowblade: Runs but no controller or mouse support (I couldn't leave the main menu *See below*)
    -Amazon KOTOR: Runs Great!

From Humble Bundle:
    Humble Bundle App: Works fine.
    -ShadowBlade: Works Great! (*I really wanted to play this game so I am relieved)
    -Heroes of Loot: Works Great!
    -Skulls of a Shodan: Works Great!
    -Pac Man CE DX: Works Great!

I can second pretty much all of those - I didn't bring them up here because I was trying to keep the thread focused around the ouya games that weren't on Cortex! Having said that, which version of Netflix did you use? I'm using one of the old versions (3.16 build 5294) because it still had some controller support

I was a bad nerd and didn't make note of the Netflix version. but I can confirm that the version I used has controller support. If I remember I will look and report back.

I'm pretty bummed about Twin Tiger Shark. What about the google play version?

I have to try mousecraft eventually.

I'm a bad nerd for remembering - but I thought it was the last version that worked! I was just wondering if you'd sideloaded a very recent version?

I'm pretty sure I used a recent version...probably in the 4.8 family...I can look when I get home.

edit: Netflix 4.8.1

Quote Originally Posted by knave View Post
    I'm pretty sure I used a recent version...probably in the 4.8 family...I can look when I get home.

edit: Netflix 4.8.1
    Is the controller support any better? I know technically it's a touch version, but the controller support seems a bit 'haphazard' at best...