Close
Advertise Here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Only issue for me is that once you select a Video "play" is not the default option...you need to press down once to highlight "play" and then press select. Some care must be taken because for whatever reason this screen does not highlight the play option when you are on it. On all the rest of the menu screens a grey highlight box is around whatever option has focus, makes it relatively user friendly aside from that one issue.

This is not Flawless...but I would say is better than haphazard. Since I know this, I have no trouble navigating with the controller and playing any Netflix video I want. It is certainly better than going without (or switching to one of my other devices)
    I finally have one device for Kodi, Netflix, HBO, YouTube, Pandora and Games...

Alas...I mourn having Twin Tiger Shark...and a few other MIA games...but price of progress.

If anyone else has ever bought Android Humble Bundles, I love the Humble Bundle app. Sadly it does not seem to have full controller support, but since I have a mouse anyway I'm finding lots of my indie Android titles install and run flawlessly with full control.

1 members found this post helpful.
    Been working on this for a few days. Here is the compatibility list I have made so far. I realize that some games on my list may already be in this thread, but I didn't really sort through them, so please ignore any duplicates.
    Note that I have also included games that are available on Cortex in my list. I found it interesting that games on Cortex did not have 100% support. Also worth noting, if a purchased game cannot be played, the "Purchase Honored" column has been marked negative, as the purchased content is unusable.

My main criteria for compatibility:
    Game Installs
    Game Launches
    Game is Playable Overall
    Purchases are Recognized (if any)
    Serval Controller Support
    OUYA Controller Support

Some noteworthy numbers:
    Games I played on OUYA: 62 Games available on Cortex: 20
    Sideloaded games installable: 42 Sideloaded games that launch: 37 (of 42)
    Sideloaded games playable: 21 (of 42) 50% is pretty good actually

If anyone wants to add to this list, I could make a Google Doc or something of that sort.

2 members found this post helpful.
    Good news! Maldita Castilla is now working (both Serval and OUYA controller support)!!
    Turns out the developer has a newer version of the game that was not posted to the OUYA store (no idea why not). The .apk can be downloaded directly from his site, and sideloaded. In case anyone is interested, the old version of the game (from the OUYA store) is 1.0.20, and the version from the developer's website is 1.1.1. The game plays perfectly.
    Although there is also a newer version of Gaurodan on his site, it still does not improve controller support, so the game is still unplayable (version changed from 1.0.6 to 1.0.10).
    https://locomalito.com/maldita_castilla.php

Nice find mwaterbu! YES!

I should try to contact the dev for Heroes of Umbra since I can't seem to get the old OUYA or Android fork to work
    <Batman> Going to pitch So Many Steve to Extend. Filo with different hairstyles for each of the 27 Steves we have

OUYA Developer Eldon.McGuinness's Avatar

Really? The old OUYA fork does not work on Forge, that is odd. You can hit the dev on twitter @adketuri, he generally has a quick response time too! I really do love this game and it is one of the few multiplayer games that works across platforms.

Got a few more games working. Turns out my Flirc was being detected as the first controller by some games, thus causing the games that only accept input from controller 1 to not work. Unplugging the Flirc was all it took to get a few more working (I could plug it right back in afterwards, as long as another controller was connected to take it's place).
    Amazed
    Bombball
    CLARC
    Polarity
    RushBrothers
    Survival

I had also been talking to Cortex support about Wind-up Knight, since my purchase wasn't working, and they agreed that it wasn't checking for purchases properly, so they removed it from Cortex xD Guess that one needs to be sideloaded now too, unless you already have it installed.

If someone wants me to, I can repost my updated spreadsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldon.McGuinness View Post
    Really? The old OUYA fork does not work on Forge, that is odd. You can hit the dev on twitter @adketuri, he generally has a quick response time too! I really do love this game and it is one of the few multiplayer games that works across platforms.
    hmmm last me and DrunkPunk checked his facebook hasnt been active in awhile, maybe he will for sure be around on his twitter dunno

Maybe because I had a mouse plugged in wasnt responded to the Serval Controller not sure

Quote Originally Posted by mwaterbu View Post
    I had also been talking to Cortex support about Wind-up Knight, since my purchase wasn't working, and they agreed that it wasn't checking for purchases properly, so they removed it from Cortex xD Guess that one needs to be sideloaded now too, unless you already have it installed.

what! I thought that one was working for me hmm and nice that you got some games working and figured out the prob!
    <Batman> Going to pitch So Many Steve to Extend. Filo with different hairstyles for each of the 27 Steves we have

Quote Originally Posted by Steven7 View Post
    what! I thought that one was working for me hmm and nice that you got some games working and figured out the prob!
    I purchased Wind-up Knight after 2 or 3 levels in when they offered me a one-time discounted price. I think it is having an issue because this was not the main purchase for this game. I can play the first book all the way through, but after that it is all locked.

awe I see water! Yup they took it off the store hope it gets fixed and bring over Wind-Up 2 while there atter lol

Just tried Retro City Rampage DX. Works like a charm out of the box. Even comes with a nice highres Icon.
    IN PIXEL I TRUST