Close
Advertise Here

Stalled-Download => Anyway to shake loose???

Howdy All:

I tried a few weeks ago to download the new game "Gulag" and something went wrong. The dark-red progress bar is now permanently showing over the icon for the game (the icon is also darkened - like it is trying to download), but it never starts.

I've tried restarting, connecting and connecting my WiFi and nothing seems to shake it loose. The item now appears in a permanent "state of download" on my dashboard. I even went into advanced storage settings under the system and deleted the partial download, but the condition has not changed.

Any ideas? Is there another file I can delete to reset the download que??

Thanks so much for any help.

Did you try a full shutdown and power cord pull?
    "My dog barks, some. Mentally you picture my dog, but I have not told you the type o' dog which I have. Perhaps you might even picture Toto... from "The Wizard of Oz." But I can tell you, my dog is all ways with me. ARF!"- Bozie OO Spool

Yep - fully powered down (once left off for a few hours). Also, curiously enough, the download button is always present and each time I click it, it asks for the destination to save to and then does nothing.

Hmmm.... That usually works when that has happened to me.
    "My dog barks, some. Mentally you picture my dog, but I have not told you the type o' dog which I have. Perhaps you might even picture Toto... from "The Wizard of Oz." But I can tell you, my dog is all ways with me. ARF!"- Bozie OO Spool

Cleaning the cache usually helps, but I fear it also triggers a bug which prevents to show updates for games which had been installed before the cleaning (I can't be sure though) . It surely stops showing what apps/games are installed externally giving all the previously installed apps the same "installed" icon (and not the "installed USB" one).

Go to Manage>System>Advanced, select Apps then in the All tab select OUYA Launcher and press the Clear cache button.
    Most of the time I keep my OUYA offline: please consider it before inserting a phone-home/always online DRM in your game. If you still plan to do so, please declare it. You don't want pirates, I don't want to be frauded.

http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?12041-The-list-of-offline-working-games

OK Jeffry84 was scared but finally got up the nerve to try this and it didn't make any difference. Still have the red 'Download' bar above the icon - and it still shows up in my games eventhough it won't download. Further went in and cleared the cache in the download manager too. Two curious things - it still shows up even when I am offline, AND it shows up whether I have my external USB inserted or not. Appears to be a bug equally in the favorites cache.

Ouya's customer service in dead now and am thinking I might just have to live with this stupid bug. How Effing Lame.

BTW thanks to everyone for offering suggestions.

1 members found this post helpful.
    Hey, I found kind of a solution for this problem.

I wiped an OUYA and reinstalled my stuff when I encountered exactly the same problem, even with two downloads. I couldn't get rid of it and I couldn't start a new download either.

But there is a way out: when you have 10 downloads running, go into the detail information of the game and click on download. OUYA will tell you, that you can only download 10 games at a time. But when you leave this screen and look for the game in Discover or in your purchases, the red progress bar is gone and you can redownload the game.
    So many games, so little time...

1 members found this post helpful.
    OMG - THANK YOU!!!! That did it!! It's been 3 months with that stupid red-bar hanging there!!!

You ROCK!!!

You're welcome It was just a conincidence that I found it out... I had this problem before, but there I could reinstahl after a reboot, wann't possible this time... it occurs when you have a lot of downloading going on, sometimes the launcher crashes and restarts. I guess this is when the launcher confuses downloads, installs and queued downloads.
    So many games, so little time...