Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldon.McGuinness View Post
    I for one would love to see a 4.2 or 4.4 update, but 5.0 would be a welcome change too. I hope that Razer realizes that how they handle this will determine if people even want to touch their consoles in the future. After all, if you simply drop the customer base from a device you acquired, what are people supposed to think other than they could do it again. From a customer/marketing stance, it is a no-brainer that they should put out an update to the OS and bring Cortex to it; however, there have been a number of other no-brainer decisions that went wrong in the past so..0
    Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    Interesting...

Bet you were waiting for a longer answer. That's all I got.

But if you and whoever else wants this then people need to start posting. While in the end it's ultimately up to them, if no one is posting or saying anything then it just goes ignored. This forum does get read you know...couldn't tell you to what degree but it does.

There is an update supposedly coming so why does everyone have to jump off the bridge before that update comes. Let the update come THEN jump off the bridge.
    I too hope we see an update for the Ouya to a newer Android version, but I fear this will not happen now. I agree that although we are a small user base compared to mighty Google, Razer still need to handle things well. Dump us off unceremoniously and we will be highly unlikely to purchase a further console from them. As it is I cannot see how this company will do anything at all to placate Ouya users, but please prove me wrong Razer.

OUYA Developer Eldon.McGuinness's Avatar

2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Project View Post
    ...Razer still need to handle things well. Dump us off unceremoniously and we will be highly unlikely to purchase a further console from them...

Same thing I've been saying and exactly why I choose not to be Forge customer/developer.
    Last edited by Eldon.McGuinness; 01-31-2016 at 01:43 AM.

2 members found this post helpful.
    Common guys, it's just video games. Support OUYA/Forge. Nitpicking.

I seriously doubt that the original OUYA is going to get updated... Never say never, but the Forge is the future.
    They made good and knocked the price down, the original OUYA being updated would only cause fragmentation. We could be getting games that are more demanding performance-wise, then all the OG OUYA people would be feeling left out. Like the OP said, hardware is horribly dated.

Pretty sure that updating the OUYA would cause more problems than solutions.
    The Original OUYA was 99$. If you failed to get 99$ of satisfaction out of the box over the last few years, maybe it's time to reassess some things.

yus.

Quote Originally Posted by anatomality View Post
    Common guys, it's just video games. Support OUYA/Forge. Nitpicking.

I seriously doubt that the original OUYA is going to get updated... Never say never, but the Forge is the future.
    They made good and knocked the price down, the original OUYA being updated would only cause fragmentation. We could be getting games that are more demanding performance-wise, then all the OG OUYA people would be feeling left out. Like the OP said, hardware is horribly dated.

Pretty sure that updating the OUYA would cause more problems than solutions.
    The Original OUYA was 99$. If you failed to get 99$ of satisfaction out of the box over the last few years, maybe it's time to reassess some things.

yus.
    Not sure what you're trying to accuse me of here. I'm a massive fan of the Ouya and very much hoping the Forge can be my one-box solution. I have very much had £89 (plus, including many purchases) worth of pleasure out of the Ouya and would very much like it to continue, on this and potentially the next box. No need to "re-assess things". I think you've been a bit confused by what we're getting at.

Not nit-picking anything. But the fact is I would rather buy a box that continues the lineage in a respectful way and can do everything and more that the Ouya does. As it is, being in the UK it isn't even a factor for me to be able to buy one. I bought a Minix box the other day and was massively disappointed by it. It has a lot of attention grabbing things they put on the box (4k! Android 5.1.1!), but how come the Ouya with its "outdated OS" is a better experience? I wouldn't want the Forge to disappoint in the same way. I'd like them to successfully pull us over in a cool way, but that's up to them.

1 members found this post helpful.
    I am really getting to the point where I feel like being annoyed at ouya for not pushing at least a 4.2 update is pointless. It's not just ouya's fault, it's a more general problem with how android hardware and software is released. I would never buy a computer which limits which operating systems I could install or how I could install them. Yet, for some reason this seems to be the norm when it comes to android. At this point, an update is not as important as having the freedom to control my own system. I'm happy to buy software from cortex if I can sideload the store, if not, what's the point?

OUYA Developer Eldon.McGuinness's Avatar

Perhaps they are waiting for the Cortex store to be released for other devices, then they could decouple the ouya specifics from the os and give an almost stock update to something higher than 4.1.2. Again, just speculation, but meh.