Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Move forward?! Lollipop? Something?

Hi,
    I'm here to kick asses, no I'm not...

So Razer will be OUYA useful somehow? OUYA is the worst device I've ever had. Only CM11 make this device functional. Even MK802 (the first one) is better for watching videos. You can't play good games because GPU is poor even for Tegra 3 (old drivers?) also lock overclocking! I wanted play GTA SA, but with 20fps in every second scene it's like playing on calculator.

As I know Tegra 3 has source codes for Lollipop. I've never got why OUYA end on Android 4.1, it was old when OUYA was released...

So please update our OUYA! With Art could be more powerful.
    Or at least reales new source codes.

Thanks.

Updates are unlikely, Razer doesn't want anything to do with the OUYA's hardware; they're using this year (since the acquisition) to turn off the lights and flip over the sign.

OUYA Developer Eldon.McGuinness's Avatar

3 members found this post helpful.
    It is funny you mention this as I just posted the other day that during the AMA a Razer employee said there would be one more update for the Ouya OS out of customer appreciation. However, I can not find the original post that the person posted saying that. I decided I would grab a screenshot of the post where I quoted him/her though.

Space Cadet Pirate Moderator flamepanther's Avatar

I think the first question, actually, is who would be implementing this suggestion. This has never really been an official suggestions box for OUYA Inc. in the first place, and that was when OUYA Inc. still existed as a solvent entity. Now they're gone and we have an even less direct relationship with Razer at this point than our already strictly unofficial relationship to OUYA as a fan site. So at this point, it would have to be a suggestion for the OUYA fan community.

So. Do we have anyone here with both the interest and the know-how to either port Cyanogenmod 12.1 to OUYA or graft the OUYA framework onto a generic AOSP buld of Lollipop? If we do, I'd love to see it. If not... well then it's either wishful thinking, or it needs to be directed to Razer.
    Last edited by flamepanther; 12-15-2015 at 11:01 PM.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."

Interesting...

Bet you were waiting for a longer answer. That's all I got.

But if you and whoever else wants this then people need to start posting. While in the end it's ultimately up to them, if no one is posting or saying anything then it just goes ignored. This forum does get read you know...couldn't tell you to what degree but it does.

There is an update supposedly coming so why does everyone have to jump off the bridge before that update comes. Let the update come THEN jump off the bridge.

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eldon.McGuinness View Post
    If you really hate the device so much you can always send it to me
    No, me!
    Last edited by DrunkPunk; 12-16-2015 at 10:11 AM.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Follow my weirdness - > Instagram

Well, I have another Tegra 3 device, which is a Asus Transformer TF300T and it's currently running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, so I guess it's totally feasible to update the Ouya firmware to the very last version of Android.

Plus, Marshmallow have this awesome feature allowing SD card or USB storage to be "merged" and used as internal storage. After that, the user never have to worry about apps size anymore.

Indeed, the main thing is proper support for that damned OUYA button CM11 works great other than that one little thing :/

Space Cadet Pirate Moderator flamepanther's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eldon.McGuinness View Post
    Indeed, the main thing is proper support for that damned OUYA button CM11 works great other than that one little thing :/
    Well, that and having 100% support for the the DISCOVER store.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."

As long as the dev did not go crazy with DRM in their app beyond the OUYA DRM, you are fine on CM11. The only app that I has seen to have issues is Bombsquad which actually has to recognize the device and info from the build.prop file.