Close
Advertise Here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chats

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by RiotingSpectre View Post
    I don't exactly get what you mean but if it's anything like that other guy's idea. Ugh, nevermind. Let me just try to get what you mean...You go into the Ouya Columns forum which you will see a thread/column by one person. That thread contains a list of all their columns in a single giant thread for direct links. Right?

I will only have that thesaurus column so doing anything that adds layers would be redundant for me.
    Since I am the "other guy" you are referring to, I would just like to point out, that what you explained was not what I suggested.
    Just to make sure you didn't misunderstand what my suggestion was, I would like to make it clear:
    When you go into the Ouya Columns Forum each columnists would have his/her own FOLDER - not a thread, but a folder. In your folder, you will post all your columns as individual threads (just as you're doing right now).

I hope this makes it a tad more clear?
    In all it's simplicity:

Section: Ouya Columns
    Sub-section (folder): RiotingSpectre's Weekly OuyeNews (just an exmample).
    In this sub-section / folder: All of your columns will be posted as individual threads.
    OUYAGameplays on YouTube: youtube.com/OUYAGameplays
    Twitter Profile: twitter.com/ouyagameplays

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie K View Post
    Honestly I have to say I don't agree with either of these.

1) I don't like IRC chat on a forum. I prefer to have posts posted in form format so that it is there in an organized format for others to see. If anything I may get rid of the chat box on the site (that we currently have). I've experimented with IRC chat on other websites in the past and I just don't like it. It takes away from the forum as a community. It won't happen as long as I am an admin here

2) There is no need for this to be an official forum. OUYA can start their own official forum if they'd like. Being an official forum means that OUYA would be in control. They would tell us what we can and can not do, and they would have to worry about managing it to a certain degree as well. The word "Official" means that everything that I do, and the moderators do, would represent OUYA, and I am sure the OUYA team doesn't want that mess. Julie likes the idea that we are an "Unofficial" forum, as do I, and I think the same can be said about a lot of our members.

Ed
    @1) Well you win some you lose some. I just thought it'd be a better alternative than what we had now but if your gonna stop chat's altogether I guess it doesn't matter at all, lol. @2) It was a joke.
    ---------
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCapslock
    Since I am the "other guy" you are referring to, I would just like to point out, that what you explained was not what I suggested.
    Just to make sure you didn't misunderstand what my suggestion was, I would like to make it clear:
    When you go into the Ouya Columns Forum each columnists would have his/her own FOLDER - not a thread, but a folder. In your folder, you will post all your columns as individual threads (just as you're doing right now).

I hope this makes it a tad more clear?
    In all it's simplicity:

Section: Ouya Columns
    Sub-section (folder): RiotingSpectre's Weekly OuyeNews (just an exmample).
    In this sub-section / folder: All of your columns will be posted as individual threads.
    A dick for a dick, huh? Alright. We're men... *Is trying not to cry*

Yes, your idea is good. Anything will work but I think the single thread listing direct links to all the columns is the best we have now.
    The OUYA Kickstarter & Other Crowd-Funding Campaigns section needs a section moderator. If you're interested then click here and apply.
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com's rules and check us out at Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn
    "My life was dull, my life was drab, 'til I acquired the gift of gab!
    Always be excellent - never be rude. Get the gift of gab from
    Dr. Dude!"

Chats

I am all for an IRC channel. It would allow me to check in on the chat easily from my phone. I'd also be able to setup notifications for when people say my name to get my attention.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by bagheadinc View Post
    I am all for an IRC channel. It would allow me to check in on the chat easily from my phone. I'd also be able to setup notifications for when people say my name to get my attention.
    While it doesn't have to be a IRC Channel. If this website is going to have a chatbox, this one that we have now won't cut it; period. Maybe FlashChat or ArrowChat?
    The OUYA Kickstarter & Other Crowd-Funding Campaigns section needs a section moderator. If you're interested then click here and apply.
    Be sure to follow OUYAForum.com's rules and check us out at Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn
    "My life was dull, my life was drab, 'til I acquired the gift of gab!
    Always be excellent - never be rude. Get the gift of gab from
    Dr. Dude!"