Close
Advertise Here
    OUYAForum Regular Negative Zero's Avatar

GameFly Streaming - Darksiders 2

So I shelled out the $10 to play Darksiders 2 for a month, go ahead and call me an OUYA whale. Anyway, here's the first video of my next series.

(It's got copyrighted music that I can't remove, so sorry if there are ads.)

Juxtaposition is the human condition.

OUYAForum Regular Negative Zero's Avatar

Loading sometimes takes a minute. The Giana Sisters game was the worst, somehow taking 3 minutes to load the first level. Might've been a glitch; I only played it the one time. Other games weren't so bad.

Pixelation of the graphics can happen, I'm assuming it depends on your internet situation. It often happens during thunderstorms in my area. And naturally, the thunderstorms typically happen when I want to record.

Other than that, it's been a really good experience. Better than Onlive was, and I think most people who have experienced both agree. I also believe that the latency/lag has lessened since we first got the Splinter Cell and Lego Batman alphas, and I encourage anyone who hasn't experimented with it since then to give it another try. 10 free minutes isn't much, but it's enough time to figure out if cloud gaming works for a particular internet setup.

I do have a problem with the price for Darksiders 2. $9.99 for a 30 day rental of a game made in 2012 just seems extravagant. Of course, I have no idea of the costs involved with setting up a cloud gaming service, but when you get 25 games for $7.99/month, $9.99 for one game is a tough pill to swallow.

Overall, though it's fun to put videos out there that show that the OUYA still has a little juice.
    Juxtaposition is the human condition.