Close
Advertise Here

Installing USB Drivers for Windows 8.1

I absolutely hate the OUYA when it comes to reinstallation. It is a pain in the not-so-sunshining area.

I have been working on reinstalling the drivers and I am constantly getting "Can not find suitable drivers"

Following the guides did not solve the problem. (https://devs.ouya.tv/developers/docs/setup)

I went back and checked the inf in the platform-tools and the adb_usb.ini file in my User account and they are accurate.

Does anyone have a clue why it is not working?

Update: While I have the Wifi version working I really need the USB version working
    Last edited by Schizophretard; 06-28-2015 at 04:17 PM.

Do you have developer options turned on and the box by USB mode checked? I have seen them change on their own for no apparent reason. Also I've had to delete the ouya device/driver in device manager and reboot my PC with the Ouya connected. This works sometimes. Other times deleting the device/driver and letting windows reinstall it works without a reboot as well but very rarely. It seems like some Ouyas connect better than others even to the same PC.
    burdbroscustomarcade.us

Quote Originally Posted by ajb999 View Post
    Do you have developer options turned on and the box by USB mode checked? I have seen them change on their own for no apparent reason. Also I've had to delete the ouya driver in device manager and reboot my PC with the Ouya connected. This works sometimes. Other times deleting the driver and letting windows reinstall it works without a reboot as well but very rarely. It seems like some Ouyas connect better than others even to the same PC.
    The Developer Option are turned on. USB Mode??

The OUYA was installed on a new laptop so this is first installation

I will try rebooting the laptop in a bit to see if that helps (With the OUYA connected)

I am worried as it says it could not find the driver files when I was directing it to the correct place

OUYA Developer Eldon.McGuinness's Avatar

This post is way late, but have you considered using the network adb option? No drivers needed with that.

Try adbdriver.com

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Developing for OUYA requires having an OUYA-supported device: an OUYA console, or a M.O.J.O.