Close
Advertise Here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Heyas Gueschmid!

I'll have to try the Xposed framework again. It used to be so important back in the Ouya Rooting days. It sort of fell to the wayside with all of the CyanogenModding action. Good to know!

Glad to hear the Ouyas are still rocking out there! Take care!

- S
    Would you like to know more? - My Blog

I was hammering through all of my purchased games on the Ouya in CM11 using the Ouya Anywhere apks.

DRM really isn't that big of a concern in CM11 so long as the Framework has full access over the OS. If for some reason the user denies framework access then DRM will begin to fail on things like Nightmare Tower etc.

Bombsquad USED to be the most brutal about DRM and probably still is. However with the injection of the Cortex the developer compensated removing the console exclusion restriction off of his DRM which now makes it possible to play BombSquad from the Ouya Discover on your CM11 box.

The biggest problem is actually the home button. And how many developers due to the design of the Ouya were highly encouraged to use said home button as a 'start' menu schema for all games. The good news is the home button still does work! The bad news is the Trebuchet launcher ALSO likes the home button and will minimize your app which can get really really annoying.

I have not figured out how to move or re-map the home key for trebuchet to allow games to flow/function naturally again with the Ouya Controller.

Some of the developers which were initially programming their game for PC release were smart and also mapped the non-existent 'start' button of an xbox 360 controller into their Ouya App such as Duck Game. This regains access to those games as anyone with a Xbox 360 controller, wired playstation controller, or another brand of controller Mogo or GameStick can continue to happily play their game underneath CM11.

About the Ouya Framework: I do get the occasional crash when launching a non-Ouya game such as from the Google Play store. Probably because whatever game I am launching is asking for a similar DRM registration which makes the Ouya Framework panic and crash. This is only an annoyance as you just hit ok to close and the Ouya Framework service restarts again.
    Last edited by sconfig; 06-04-2016 at 02:53 PM.

Hey,

I've migrated to Cyanogen after my nephew softbricked my Ouya (taking it down) so, since i had to do all that recovery process (using keyboard crash and all that thing), wich leads to a complete system reset, i told myself, why not try.

Quote Originally Posted by sconfig View Post
    I was hammering through all of my purchased games on the Ouya in CM11 using the Ouya Anywhere apks.

DRM really isn't that big of a concern in CM11 so long as the Framework has full access over the OS. If for some reason the user denies framework access then DRM will begin to fail on things like Nightmare Tower etc.
    Yeah, since i did the Cyanogen transition, I've started downloading and testing all my purchased games / apps. I did extensive tests, including using my generic USB controller. I can confirm what you are saying, but need to remember some games still suffer from online DRM, for example: "Mistery Castle". Surprisingly, looks like "Duck Game" lost its DRM check after i tried it with wifi connected and entered single player challenge mode. After that, no more 'Demo' word on my screen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sconfig View Post
    The biggest problem is actually the home button. And how many developers due to the design of the Ouya were highly encouraged to use said home button as a 'start' menu schema for all games. The good news is the home button still does work! The bad news is the Trebuchet launcher ALSO likes the home button and will minimize your app which can get really really annoying.

I have not figured out how to move or re-map the home key for trebuchet to allow games to flow/function naturally again with the Ouya Controller.

Some of the developers which were initially programming their game for PC release were smart and also mapped the non-existent 'start' button of an xbox 360 controller into their Ouya App such as Duck Game. This regains access to those games as anyone with a Xbox 360 controller, wired playstation controller, or another brand of controller Mogo or GameStick can continue to happily play their game underneath CM11 .
    It's not entirely true, i mean, some games which minimizes, kills its proccess, so no pause, just force exit. But i have good news: many games uses MENU mapping as start also, so after modding Ouya controller kl file, i could make it work with most of my games! I'm planning to write something about remapping controller, game compatibility on cyanouya, but it's for the future, busy with other things for now.

Quote Originally Posted by frpnit View Post
    It's not entirely true, i mean, some games which minimizes, kills its proccess, so no pause, just force exit. But i have good news: many games uses MENU mapping as start also, so after modding Ouya controller kl file, i could make it work with most of my games! I'm planning to write something about remapping controller, game compatibility on cyanouya, but it's for the future, busy with other things for now.
    MENU function huh? I'll have to throw that mod into the Ouyas KL file and see what happens..

Thanks!

Forgot to say you need to override default Cyanogen action for menu, wich can be done with this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uttonsremapper

Steps:
    1) Turn on service, wich leads you to accessibility screen, where you have to enable for this app.
    2) back to app, press on ( + ) icon
    3) A 'New action' popup will appear, just put:
    Key: MENU
    Action: menu (root needed)
    Check 'Block system action'
    And 'OK'

Now you are done!

And a little update: some games can use BACK as pause key, i can confirm this in 'Mistery Castle' game. Good Luck!