Close
Advertise Here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gueschmid View Post
    A link for anybody who like to test MBOX-Launcher.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ners-mxiii-2gb
    I tried installing but keep getting a lot of invalid URI's with that version of mbox. is there another version of this launcher?
    Would you like to know more? - My Blog

The MBOX-Launcher come with some chinese TV-Boxes with Rockchip- or AMLogic-SoCs. I dont no, how much different Versions where out there.

MINIX uses a similar Launcher only for his XINIX-Boxes. Perhaps somebody can try the TV-BOX launcher from Playstore.

I am waiting for KODI 15 before flashing CM11.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gueschmid View Post
    The MBOX-Launcher come with some chinese TV-Boxes with Rockchip- or AMLogic-SoCs. I dont no, how much different Versions where out there.

MINIX uses a similar Launcher only for his XINIX-Boxes. Perhaps somebody can try the TV-BOX launcher from Playstore.

I am waiting for KODI 15 before flashing CM11.

Thanks
    Hmm, I find it kind of odd that there's the different launchers but none of them really have an official site that you can go to and get a nightly , or a beta.

I found TopTV launcher. And there are reports that it does work with the Ouya well. I'll probably purchase that for Cyanogen to see how it plays out.

The good news is! Kodi just announced on their tweet that they are finally on Google Play starting at Kodi v15 b2 . I just pushed it from my Google Play account to my Cyanogen Ouya. Automatically updating Kodi is pretty cool.
    Last edited by sconfig; 06-18-2015 at 06:40 AM.

I found some more TVLaunchers on Google Play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...anbacklauncher
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nus.launchertv

But the TopTVLauncher is looking best. I am looking forward to new post about your experiance.

A APP like this will also be helpfull I Think:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...it.quickreboot

I have a Oneplus One with Cyanogen.

I had too many crashes for my taste.
    If you don't try, you'll never know.

OUYA Developer Eldon.McGuinness's Avatar

Why not just use KODI as a launcher?

Quote Originally Posted by Outlander999 View Post
    I have a Oneplus One with Cyanogen.

I had too many crashes for my taste.
    I know it's not for everyone. Totally understand if you've been burned by it.

I'm just playing around with it because frankly Ouya isn't giving a user like me options for compatibility of Kodi.

OUYA Developer Eldon.McGuinness's Avatar

Just wanted to post that I too made the leap to Cyanogen and am very happy. One thing to note is the pixel density is less so things tend to shrink a bit on the ouya front, though this is more an app issue than a game issue (See the screen shot below for an example.) KODI v15 runs great and the multitasking is a great plus, though I hear it can cause issues when you launch a bunch of games, I thought android would take care of killing things when needed, but will have to look more into it.

One thing that I have noticed on my boxes is bluetooth does not come on at boot if you use a different launcher than the one that is installed by default. This should not be hard to rectify and I am looking into bringing BootyCall up to speed with this OS which should resolve it, the same goes for On Screen Alerts. Hopefully I will be able to get BootyCall recompiled this week coming and we can all rock what ever launcher we want with out the ill effects of pushing the default to the side.

Additionally, I would like to test the waters to see if there would be any desire to have a menu overlay, similar to the OUYA one, that has options like exit, home (a configurable application), shutdown, etc. This would basically be a custom app similar to BootyCall and require root, but since the OS comes with root that is no biggie. If you would like to see something like this then either send me an email support@progressivethink.in (please put #CyanBooty in the subject) OR tweet me @EldonMcGuinness with the hashtag #CyanBooty. If the demand is there then I will do my best to get it done!
    Last edited by Eldon.McGuinness; 07-23-2015 at 02:45 PM.

Hallo,

i have done it. CM11 is installed. Kodi 15 also. I have not installed any OUYAthing yet. But not missing so long.

My DPAD of my Controller is not working in CM11. Is this at your OUYA the same?

Thanks gueschmid