Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

1 members found this post helpful.

The Cyanogen Thread.

Brutally rough instructions on how to get Cyanogen Mod going on your Ouya.

Update 7/27/2015 - The instructions for CyanogenMod will be moved off to the Ouya Wiki which is available right here.

This is by no means an end to the discussion of the Cyanogen thread! The reason for the move to Wiki is a two fold issue.

1. CyanogenMod instructions were too big for one thread to handle! Wiki can handle this a lot easier.

2. Anyone who signs up for a Wiki account can contribute - No one person should have total control over the ever evolving documentation of CyanogenMod. People who are far more intelligent then I can change/add/update the Wiki without me making it better for everyone.
    Last edited by sconfig; 07-28-2015 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Adding links to programs on google play.
    Would you like to know more? - My Blog

Hallo,

which launcher do you use? Some TV Launcher like here? http://mbox.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=162

Can u manage the console completly with the Controler, or do you use a Keyboard or Airmouse?

Which filemanager do you use. Can I dave the filepwn apk and use it with CM11?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gueschmid View Post
    Hallo,

which launcher do you use? Some TV Launcher like here? http://mbox.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=162

Can u manage the console completly with the Controler, or do you use a Keyboard or Airmouse?

Which filemanager do you use. Can I dave the filepwn apk and use it with CM11?

Thanks.
    Hello!

The launcher I use is Trebuchet which is very similar to the Nova launcher you linked to. MBox launcher looks cool, I'll have to load that up to see how it works out.

I use both because i'm testing. But I had managed the console with just the controller for an entire day. After the initial setup with keyboard and mouse and pairing my Ouya Controller in the bluetooth menu. Trackpad does work on the Ouya controller in CM11 and the only time i experienced problems with the trackpad is when i loaded too many launchers and one of them wanted to launch a bluetooth pairing utility that CM11 did not like. Also D-pads and analogs work in the default launcher perfectly fine for launching things like Kodi and other apps.

You can download FilePwn from Ouya Everywhere and use it without a problem. Here's some of the other programs I use from Google Play.

Root Explorer - I use this file manager over FilePwn as it's a bit more aggressive. Works with controller for the most part but have to use trackpad for multi-selection.
    Quick Reboot - Learned about this app when firmware loading my Gamestick. Annoying that it goes into portrait mode. But it works with controller just fine. This is essential if you're messing around with the Android OS.
    WiFi Analytics tool - Works with controller, always useful when taking your Ouya to a new environment and seeing how good/bad connections are.

I know it's a little off-topic. But for those wondering about google play games. I downloaded everything from Progger10 . That dev has made ports of classics which are works of art. Not only do they work fine with controller but you can go mouse/keyboard old school mode.
    Last edited by sconfig; 06-08-2015 at 03:22 PM.

OUYA Developer Eldon.McGuinness's Avatar

Great to see this! If there is interest I could see this going hand-in-hand with the Booty on the Side app I have shelved at the moment. It is a store environment that is driven off an xml file that can be fetched from the internet. I could see it being a repo for all kinds of things, including the "OUYA Everywhere" apps that are needed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldon.McGuinness View Post
    Great to see this! If there is interest I could see this going hand-in-hand with the Booty on the Side app I have shelved at the moment. It is a store environment that is driven off an xml file that can be fetched from the internet. I could see it being a repo for all kinds of things, including the "OUYA Everywhere" apps that are needed here.
    That would be pretty cool. I have yet to figure out how to take the most recent ouya launcher updates and get them onto Cyanogen. Just to get around all of the flaws of Abominable Snowman.

I will also be planning on releasing a video tutorial as soon as my Elgato P60 card arrives. Just to show everyone who doesn't have multiple Ouyas how it's installed, and what the Ouya Everywhere is like underneath Cyanogen.

I was wondering if would be possible to install cyanogen on a thumb drive and boot it only when it's connected to USB port, but again i imagine that the process involves firmware flashing, so... Well, if possible would be great ^^

Quote Originally Posted by frpnit View Post
    I was wondering if would be possible to install cyanogen on a thumb drive and boot it only when it's connected to USB port, but again i imagine that the process involves firmware flashing, so... Well, if possible would be great ^^
    I know there was talk about dual-booting between different flavors of android but no real info is out there. Ouya restricts a little of that since it has no physical sdcard to go into the mount point of /sdcard/ like on a conventional Android device. During the bootloader phase there's no real USB support which is why a lot of these instructions ask you to adb push clockwork mod to your /sdcard/ on Ouya.

I think, the development of this ROM has ended. The kernel was´t updated since 2014. And the development of CM11 has also stopped.

Did anyone know, if we can hope for further improvments?

Banned

Did the mbox launcher work?

Installed the launcher but it is skewed in Ouya. Might be a limitation of my TV or might just be rendering the wrong size who knows? XD

Quote Originally Posted by gueschmid View Post
    I think, the development of this ROM has ended. The kernel was´t updated since 2014. And the development of CM11 has also stopped.

Did anyone know, if we can hope for further improvments?
    I believe it works a little like Kodi in the sense that the primary development branch has moved onward to CM12 / Android Lollipop however there are still developers working on unofficial branches which is where Ouya falls into and the nightly builds of CM11 has been rather active with a new version comming out once a week now in the download section. So the possibility of bug fixes and updates to Ouyas version of Cyanogen is still possible. as for CM12 that's a wait-and-see if someone will pick that up and branch it off to Ouya.