Close
Advertise Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar

2 members found this post helpful.

Remote Game Feedback.

Hello,

Everyone here desires some sort of feedback on Discover in the details page of a respective game because stars don't do much to help us determine whether or not something is good. Furthermore, it still leaves a lot of things in the dark like bugs, digital rights management, & numerous other things. I've talked about a feedback feature a long time ago and I believe I looked at it from the wrong angle. Instead of submitting feedback from the console itself, how about we instead write it on a game's page on OUYA.tv? For example I could write how Ittle Dew is "X" & "Y" which OUYA.tv will then show on a new menu in a game's details page once selected by the consumer.

You can then upvote or downvote a particular feedback submission which will determine how it's seen similar to how Amazon.com has their system set up. This is just a rough version of the idea and I know it can work if OUYA Incorporate is willing to implement it. Hopefully the new website has this idea already in place, or something similar since it's desperately needed.

You already know this, but I think this is a great idea and I'd love to see it implemented.

Why they haven't done this already is odd, since it's a pretty standard practice.
    "My dog barks, some. Mentally you picture my dog, but I have not told you the type o' dog which I have. Perhaps you might even picture Toto... from "The Wizard of Oz." But I can tell you, my dog is all ways with me. ARF!"- Bozie OO Spool

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

Agreed. I think there should be a character limit for submissions and if a submission gets, say, 5 downvotes it is automatically hidden from view. That should cut down on the stupidity a bit.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Sounds like the comments section on many sites, GOG has a similar feature on any game's page just to remain on the videogames topic. Small reviews which can be up- or downvoted (or found useful, or whatever), so I agree with you, Riot, it's indeed a useful feature to have.
    Most of the time I keep my OUYA offline: please consider it before inserting a phone-home/always online DRM in your game. If you still plan to do so, please declare it. You don't want pirates, I don't want to be frauded.

http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?12041-The-list-of-offline-working-games

Magistrate of Altered States Schizophretard's Avatar

1 members found this post helpful.
    I like the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkPunk View Post
    I think there should be a character limit for submissions...
    Or maybe not...

Inebriated Staff Ninja DrunkPunk's Avatar

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizophretard View Post
    Or maybe not...
    I mean on the low end, haha! Make them have to be at least 30 characters or so to keep out the inevitable "sux" comments and give us something with meat. Of course the morons will just fill up the space with extra characters but the majority will be too lazy to do even that I bet.
    DrnkPnk says, "Obey The Beard!"
    I helped create a mini-game in Explosive Dinosaurs. Otakupunk played it, and now you can too!

Magistrate of Altered States Schizophretard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkPunk View Post
    I mean on the low end, haha! Make them have to be at least 30 characters or so to keep out the inevitable "sux" comments and give us something with meat. Of course the morons will just fill up the space with extra characters but the majority will be too lazy to do even that I bet.
    This.

OUYA Developer Eldon.McGuinness's Avatar

Just to play Devil's advocate here for a second, who would be reviewing these messages to ensure they are appropriate and not someone just typing in hate speech or other less than favourable things?

Administrative Queen of Evil RiotingSpectre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eldon.McGuinness View Post
    Just to play Devil's advocate here for a second, who would be reviewing these messages to ensure they are appropriate and not someone just typing in hate speech or other less than favourable things?
    I imagine a filter would be put in place for all caps, harsh language, flooding, and any other potential things that shouldn't be shown. Furthermore, I doubt that there would be enough where someone can't take 30 minutes out of their harsh day of doing nothing while getting paid to where it would cause an issue.